Dane Peacock
United States
Stansbury Park
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles
mbmbmbmbmb
Look, I know you all have your strict rules about pre-orders, and I understand the reasons, but have a heart and publish this game!

I mean, it is considered awesome by all who come within 50 feet of it. The designer considers it his greatest design, The publishers love it, everyone at MMP loves it, everyone who has played it loves it.

It's complete, beautiful, a work of art, a brilliant design... and it's just sitting there. And will just sit there for years at the rate it is going.

I think that this is an exception to the pre-order rules. The work has been done. This game needs to be published now, get it out to the people, and based on the positiveness surrounding it, and with a little bit of marketing, I believe that it could be one of MMPs best sellers.

Come on, you know you want to!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Chick (Formerly Paul O'Sullivan)
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
Fag an bealac! Riam nar druid ar sbarin lann! Cuimhnigidh ar Luimnech agus feall na Sassonach! Erin go Bragh! Remember Limerick! Remember Ireland and Fontenoy!
badge
Well, I'm afraid it'll have to wait. Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?
mbmbmbmbmb
Allow me to repeat my thoughts on the matter: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/760229/destined-for-greatnes...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
suPUR DUEper
United States
Villa Hills
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How far away is it from the orders it needs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Peacock
United States
Stansbury Park
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles
mbmbmbmbmb
TedW wrote:
How far away is it from the orders it needs?

364/650

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
suPUR DUEper
United States
Villa Hills
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if it would fare better on GMT or Kickstarter?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Pytel
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm with you. I've barely been playing wargames lately and have bought only one or two in the last year, but this is one of the handful that I'm excited about. There were a ton of interesting political machinations behind the ACW's military campaigns, yet no games outside of a couple of the larger, grand-strategic monsters have done much with them. I guess most ACW buyers just want to line up their blues and grays across the battlefield. Nothing wrong with that, I guess, but there was so much more to the war.

It does seem possible that this title could do better at GMT.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just did my bit. Now I can whine that nobody else does.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seriously, turn off Facebook. You'll be happier.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb
TedW wrote:
I wonder if it would fare better on GMT or Kickstarter?

Kickstarter is pretty much an empty shell. It manages preorders. At the moment it has some hype but I'm not sure that's going to help a game like Lincoln's War.

What will help it is word of mouth. Keep the scare up on this one and it may make its numbers.

S.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean Gagnier
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I can get confirmation that shipping to Canada won't be prohibitive (or if someone wants to do the paperwork for me to move to the United States legally!), I'd pre-order this instantly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
First to Jean - I've spent the morning investigating the legalities and economics of shifting your residence to the US (preferably to the Gettysburg area so that we could do a little FTF on the weekends)Unfortunately you're right, cost prohibitive. Hope the postage doesn't hold you back.

Regarding GMT - Way back when I first brought the game to the table, I showed Lincoln's War to GMT and but they were already looking at a Civil War CDG. Perry Cocke from MMP snapped it up immediately and has staunchly stood by me ever since. I am as committed to him and MMP as he is to LW. We briefly discussed the possibility of doing a joint venture with GMT but such things are complicated and I don't think it was approached seriously.

As far as kickstarter goes, I only learned about it long after the campaign to promote LW was well underway. Yes I considered it and even brought it up to Perry, I don't know all the ins and outs but apparently melding a kickstarter program with the existing MMP preorder system is more difficult than it's worth. I accept that. With enough enthusiastic word of mouth we'll just have to put it into cellophane wrap without their help.

As always, thanks so much for the many votes of confidence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Pre-ordered ages ago. I suppose I could preorder a dozen...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lucey
United States
Ellington
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did King Phillips War or Storm over Stalingrad actually reach their order numbers? I believe 2 years in a row games have been published in time for a summer event that had not reached their numbers but showed potential based on something MMP saw. Maybe this one can be this summers push to publish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.