Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthias Segers
Belgium
Brecht
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This came up during Massing at Osgiliath:

Wolves of Mordor attack my Westfold Horse-Breaker. The Wolves have: Forced: after they attack and destroy a character, shuffle them into the encounter deck.

My Westfold Horse-Breaker has: Action: Discard him to choose and ready a hero.

My questions:
What if I block with Westfold Horse-Breaker, and play his action? Does the attack become undefended? Is he still considered 'destroyed'?

Mainly, is there a way for me to have Westfold Horse-Breaker soak up the damage, still play his action, and prevent the Wolves from getting reshuffled into the encounter deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. D
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If you use Horse-Breaker's ability before the Wolves deal their damage, then the attack is undefended. He would not be considered 'destroyed'.

So, no, you cannot do what you are trying to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Segers
Belgium
Brecht
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks, I was afraid that would be the answer... I guess I'm too used to Magic and it's "stack" system of playing and reacting to stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Howard
United States
Marina del Rey
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tubarush is correct, you cannot have Westfold Horse-Breaker soak up the damage and then discard him using his ability. However, you can declare him as a defender, and then resolve the enemy's shadow card. THEN you can discard WestfoldHorse-Breaker using his ability if you wish. The attack will be undefended at this point, and damage would be applied to a Hero, but you could at least mitigate the effect of the shadow card!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.