Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Clensy
United States
Glenbrook
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which maps - official or fan-based maps - support more than 6 players?

From what I've found searching around Railroad Tolkoon (fan-based)and Western US (official) both have had positive results with more than 6.

South America (fan-based) and Rails Through Time look like they could support more than six. Also, I am sure that the connected east-west US maps (official) would support 7-12 players.

Any experience anybody has with other maps and the max number you've played would be very appreciated. I have a large group (6-10) that likes to play together and they all like RotW.

Thanks for any help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
East/west is probably what your looking for and if you've got that many players there likely no need for special rules. maybe just need a couple major lines that span the gap between both maps to encourage that

I know Railroad Tolkoon can do 8.

Through time could do more than 6, but it would be hectic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Mucchiello
United States
Edison
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
You can probably play with 7 players on the US East map, it is best with 6. It would be intense but it should play.

The US West map might handle 7, it is best with 5 but plays just fine with 6.

Rails of England and Wales without the stock game might get up to 6 players but that map is best with 3-5.

Rails of Europe is perfect with 4 and deadly with 5. It cannot handle 6. (We play with one mod but I don't think it affects the game too much: Hotel Athens is replaced by Hotel Kiev.)

Rails Through Time can handle 7 as well as it handles 3, of course.

The fan Australia map works up to 6 and is probably best with 6 but we've house ruled it a bit so I can't be sure. 7 without our changes would harsh. 7 with our changes would still be intense.

Our play style is somewhat cutthroat. We will urbanize cities to stop 1 or more 6+ point deliveries. We will build track to get in people's way. So understand when I say "intense" I mean "beyond cutthroat". And "harsh" is beyond that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.