Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
C'est la vie!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello.

I think the title of the post says it all. I am new to the system and I have read the rules and would like to start playing but which scenario would be the best to start with?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Smith
United States
Port Arthur
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Antioch has a small number of units on the map at the start.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Shelton
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
Antioch does start with few units on the map, but has many special rules and both sides have distinct challenges. The Crusaders have to assemble their force outside the walls and then fight, while the Turks have to keep pressure on the Crusaders to stop them from doing so.

Ascalon is a relatively straight forward scenario without large numbers of units or too many special rules. The Fatimids do not have Light Cavalry, which puts them at a distinct disadvantage and removes some of the Retreat Before Combat complications.

Montgisard has very few Crusader units (10) and few special rules, but a lot of Ayyubids.

Dorylaeum and Harran have a lot of units.

Arsuf has both a lot of units and special rules.

I would probably start with Ascalon or Montgisard to get the feel for the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
do you have one that interests u a lot? play that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Montgisard is quite fast and the guy who hasn't read the rules or is a bit less experienced can quite easily play the Crusaders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.