Popular Tags: [View All]
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What the hell is wrong with the Men's team? Why would they give up immunity? Are they all stupid?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Archidamia
United States
Hazel Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jageroxorz wrote:
What the hell is wrong with the Men's team? Why would they give up immunity? Are they all stupid?

I KNOW!!!

you know what? after Rob playing as close as a perfect game as survivor will ever see(like him or hate him-that was an excellently played game) everyone seems stupid. And then the mens team? blech.

Also-Colton is so distasteful I can't even stand it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
miraria wrote:
jageroxorz wrote:

I KNOW!!!

you know what? after Rob playing as close as a perfect game as survivor will ever see(like him or hate him-that was an excellently played game) everyone seems stupid. And then the mens team? blech.

Ugh, Robb.

I think he played a far from "perfect" game; he was just paired with a stupid, idiotic team who didn't care about winning at all. Anyone can play a "perfect" game if they have teammates that stupid. They weren't even playing the game. I think one of the main reasons Survivor has gone down sharply in recent seasons is they keep putting these pretty, stupid people who don'r even want to play the game in. There's always like, 10 of them and maybe like, 2-3 actual players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asher D.
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jageroxorz wrote:
miraria wrote:
jageroxorz wrote:

I KNOW!!!

Ugh, Robb.

I think he played a far from "perfect" game; he was just paired with a stupid, idiotic team who didn't care about winning at all. Anyone can play a "perfect" game if they have teammates that stupid. They weren't even playing the game. I think one of the main reasons Survivor has gone down sharply in recent seasons is they keep putting these pretty, stupid people who don'r even want to play the game in. There's always like, 10 of them and maybe like, 2-3 actual players.

Close. It's more lik 5-6 not pretty stupid people, who would be the first to go, then a few prett stupid people to assist the players, then a few players. And yeah, Rob was very lucky to have those 2 dumb bimbos that did whatever he said and did not at all play to win. The whole show became pretty scripted - create a 5 alliance, stop thinking, get to the merge with numbers, keep your 5 for last, and watch as your alliance leader kicks you off one at a time. They never think longer term, or about alliance shifts, etc. yeah, you'll go with rob to the final four, but can you win against him there? No way! So what's the point?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Archidamia
United States
Hazel Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jageroxorz wrote:
miraria wrote:
jageroxorz wrote:

I KNOW!!!

Ugh, Robb.

yeah, but other people were paired with people like that and couldn't pull it off (ahem russel ahem)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
miraria wrote:
jageroxorz wrote:
miraria wrote:
jageroxorz wrote:

I KNOW!!!

Ugh, Robb.

yeah, but other people were paired with people like that and couldn't pull it off (ahem russel ahem)

I thought the people on Russell's team were more into "playing the game", but they were preoccupied with "being the people who voted out Russell". I felt like they were trying to play, but Robb's team were just too stupid to do anything.

They were like "If you go with Robb to the final 4, you're all gonna lose"

and they were like "Yeah, you're right."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Archidamia
United States
Hazel Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jageroxorz wrote:
miraria wrote:
jageroxorz wrote:
miraria wrote:
jageroxorz wrote:

I KNOW!!!

Ugh, Robb.

I thought the people on Russell's team were more into "playing the game", but they were preoccupied with "being the people who voted out Russell". I felt like they were trying to play, but Robb's team were just too stupid to do anything.

They were like "If you go with Robb to the final 4, you're all gonna lose"

and they were like "Yeah, you're right."

I was meaning more ressel all the seasons he was in. He played the stupid people but still managed to not win because he didn't play the social part right AT ALL!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
    Conserve energy:     Play Board Games!
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate To say that for destruction ice Is also great And would suffice.
badge
Shake your business up and pour it. I don't have all day.
mb
miraria wrote:
I was meaning more ressel all the seasons he was in. He played the stupid people but still managed to not win because he didn't play the social part right AT ALL!

Agreed. Russell Hanse is the best second place player, ever. Now, second place is worth a cool hundred grand, which is nothing to sneeze at! Still, you think he would have figured out how to better prepare for that end game in one of his what, three attempts? Nope.

What's also moderately amusing is to see the villain character who gets taken to the final three, who then doesn't own that as a strategy. I'm waiting for the person who says, "I played the adversarial game because I knew someone would try to exploit that and help me get to the end." I mean, you're probably going to lose anyway, but don't try to be all sunshine and air after screwing people over for the previous 38 days!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamgar
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
Knowing where the trap is - that's the first step in evading it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Beowulf wrote:
miraria wrote:

Agreed. Russell Hanse is the best second place player, ever. Now, second place is worth a cool hundred grand, which is nothing to sneeze at! Still, you think he would have figured out how to better prepare for that end game in one of his what, three attempts? Nope.

What's also moderately amusing is to see the villain character who gets taken to the final three, who then doesn't own that as a strategy. I'm waiting for the person who says, "I played the adversarial game because I knew someone would try to exploit that and help me get to the end." I mean, you're probably going to lose anyway, but don't try to be all sunshine and air after screwing people over for the previous 38 days!

Definitely this.

I always feel the summation speeches could be done better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate To say that for destruction ice Is also great And would suffice.
badge
mb
jageroxorz wrote:

I would say that it was the dumbest move ever, but it didn't hurt that they scrambled the teams with the next episode.

Colton's approach is pretty interesting. He's embracing the suck, and systematically voting out his teammates. So long as he still holds an idol, that appears to be a valid strategy. You'd think the numbers on the other side are eventually going to catch up with him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beowulf wrote:
jageroxorz wrote:

I would say that it was the dumbest move ever, but it didn't hurt that they scrambled the teams with the next episode.

Colton's approach is pretty interesting. He's embracing the suck, and systematically voting out his teammates. So long as he still holds an idol, that appears to be a valid strategy. You'd think the numbers on the other side are eventually going to catch up with him.

It might work for him if he makes friends on the woman's side. And most of the women seem to dislike each other anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
jageroxorz wrote:
It might work for him if he makes friends on the woman's side. And most of the women seem to dislike each other anyway.

True, but they weren't all that fond of him, either, back in the boys vs. girls days.

Each season, my family and I pick players to win based upon their portraits in the opening credits of the first episode. Albert was my pick last season, and he made it to the final three before losing (he didn't even get a single vote!). Chelsea is my horse this time around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Archidamia
United States
Hazel Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jageroxorz wrote:
Beowulf wrote:
jageroxorz wrote:

colton really upsets me on the person level so I can't root for him on the game level

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
miraria wrote:
colton really upsets me on the person level so I can't root for him on the game level

I completely agree. I keep hoping that he'll get voted off in the next episode, but the man is made of Teflon.

Side note: I'm sure he's not this bad in real life, and that selective video editing creates the on-screen persona we find so distasteful. With that said, I'm really not fond of his character!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Archidamia
United States
Hazel Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beowulf wrote:
miraria wrote:

I completely agree. I keep hoping that he'll get voted off in the next episode, but the man is made of Teflon.

Side note: I'm sure he's not this bad in real life, and that selective video editing creates the on-screen persona we find so distasteful. With that said, I'm really not fond of his character!

I try and think of that when i judge people on reality tv, but he has to actually say some of the awful sentences in order for them to get edited in. . . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dawn
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Hi! I'm SelenA. Please don't kill me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember when the guys gave up immunity? :laugh:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, after this episode Kat is my new favorite contestant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.