Tim Stair
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yet another version of Card Maker is underway... The big new feature under investigation/development is HTML style rendering/tags for mid-line formatting. This has been a feature I have always wanted (so have a number of users!). While it is not perfect I figured I should share it to see if anyone has any specific feedback or comments (yes it is a Windows .NET application and no I will not be porting it to the Mac or other operating system in the foreseeable future cry).

Overview Card Maker is intended to assist in the creation of cards for a game. Cards can be generated using a CSV file as your data (text) source. You can enter all of the pertinent data into a spreadsheet, edit your card layout, then iterate easily without having to go back and change the layout of every card individually.

Card Maker is a layout designer using a WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get) editor, not a scripting system (though some scripting functionality is present). Card Maker has a lot of crazy extra features as well. The documentation is reasonable (or so I hope)...

Download 0.97.0.1 Beta (there may be bugs... I am one person mostly driven by writing functionality... I need a QA team! ninja)

You can always find the latest version here: CardMaker (and other tools) and additional information/requests/etc. on the forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philippe Blockx
Belgium
Zichem
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
With the new HTML style how do I put (blank) spaces? I tried .nbsp  for getting a backgroundimage on the blank space spot, but it didn't work.

I'm trying to get an image replace a word (possibly blank spaces) in a text. I know you can get the image as a background to the text but I want to "replace" it.

Edited to display .nbsp (replace . with &) whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Stair
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally responding... I will add this to my next revision. I will probably make another tag where you space specify the number of spaces. The code is already built around using the < so I'll probably just make a special tag type. I have always found nbsp to be long winded and obnoxious when needed to specify multiple spaces. I'll probably make the tag something like < spc=4 > to specify 4 spaces. ... of course this assumes that I didn't write the code in a manner that destroys all but one space! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kefauver
United States
Saint Charles
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Odd question, but does anyone know what a CCG card's dimensions are in CCGmaker pixels? I'm trying to make some cards to back and I need them to be the right size to fit in sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.