Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

Summoner Wars: The Filth Faction Deck» Forums » General

Subject: The eventual Reinforcement pack rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tiwaz Tyrsfist
United States
Gladstone
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
Yay, Overtext bought with supporter GG!
badge
Supporter #3170 - I hope the bonus gets high enough that I can buy GeekBadge Overtext!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I picked up the filth faction pack, and all I can say is I love it, and I cannot wait for the reinforcement pack, which I'm hoping will have five or six new mutations in it. Or heck, perhaps the filth half will be ALL mutations, like 12 new ones.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
glenn3e glenn3e
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could use some new Commons. Perhaps two new Commons and maybe 6+ new Mutations. This is more than standard due to the Reinforcement being half Merc and half Filth only, rather than other Reinforcement packs that give extra Merc Troops.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moosey
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be surprised if it doesn't have at least 2 champions. Though it is likely that a strong Filth deck could be build w/o champions.

I don't think it needs more common unit variety, but it would be OK.

Of course more mutations is what a Filth expansion is begging for.

I've never gotten a reinforcement deck (I prefer the quick play w/o building... and don't think I could talk my friends into building). But I am considering it for Filth/Mercenaries.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiwaz Tyrsfist
United States
Gladstone
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
Yay, Overtext bought with supporter GG!
badge
Supporter #3170 - I hope the bonus gets high enough that I can buy GeekBadge Overtext!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So, it seems to me that two of the mutations in the base deck, specifically Edible Mutant and Corpulent Mutant, are basically the other two Champions for the Filth.

So, I could completely see the expansion being JUST mutations, with a couple on par with champion powers (As I see Edible and Corpulent being) and the rest being on par with some of the better Commons that other factions have.

Idea: Tauric Mutant (picture of a Filth common having grown a second set of legs, Centaur-like), give it basically the same power as the Lioneers from the Jungle Elves, I.E. Instead of a regular move it can move up to 7 clear straight line spaces.
Imagine the combo, charge straight from your back line to their back line, THEN mutate it into something else...

I kind of feel like their should be a distinction, with some of the mutations (once again, Edible and Corpulent IMO) being "Greater Mutations" and being ruled to be Champion equivalent. Thus, things that only affect Commons can't target them, things that cost more to use on champions have the champ cost, etc.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
glenn3e glenn3e
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TiwazTyrsfist wrote:
So, it seems to me that two of the mutations in the base deck, specifically Edible Mutant and Corpulent Mutant, are basically the other two Champions for the Filth.

So, I could completely see the expansion being JUST mutations, with a couple on par with champion powers (As I see Edible and Corpulent being) and the rest being on par with some of the better Commons that other factions have.

Idea: Tauric Mutant (picture of a Filth common having grown a second set of legs, Centaur-like), give it basically the same power as the Lioneers from the Jungle Elves, I.E. Instead of a regular move it can move up to 7 clear straight line spaces.
Imagine the combo, charge straight from your back line to their back line, THEN mutate it into something else...

I kind of feel like their should be a distinction, with some of the mutations (once again, Edible and Corpulent IMO) being "Greater Mutations" and being ruled to be Champion equivalent. Thus, things that only affect Commons can't target them, things that cost more to use on champions have the champ cost, etc.


Yeah, I was thinking of some of the more expensive Mutations should have a "Counts as Champion" clause on them to prevent cards like Assassination cheap-killing them.

I was thinking of something called "Unstable Mutant" where when it attacks and kill a Unit, it will detonate and kill itself in the process, thereby returning the Magic back to you.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moosey
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My gut tells me an champion mutations would be too strong. Maybe an event card that helped counter the assassination problem would be the better solution (like they have an event card to counter their squishy non-mutation commons from getting sniped too quickly).

I like that take on "unstable mutant". It inspired me to think of "explosive mutant". When "explosive mutant" dies, all adjacent characters take 1 damage (or 2 attack rolls target number 4). Could allow for some interesting self explosive chaining.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moosey
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Another idea for the Filth mutation card chaining:

Event: Reborn Mutation: Pay 2 magic to play this event when a mutation is destroyed. Summon a mutation from your hand or discard pile for free on the destroyed common card (all other destroyed cards from the prior attack go to their appropriate magic/discard piles as normal).


Just ramblings of other ideas I felt like spitting out (not necessarily for chaining):

Clone Mutation: cost: 3, health: 2, attack: 1, range: melee. Before the movement phase, you may select one other mutation card in play. Use that cards health, attack, range, and special abilities.

Event: Flash Mutation: Pay 1 magic to replace a mutation card in play with one from any discard pile for free. This mutation is discarded back to it's original discard pile when destroyed or at the end of your turn. The common will revert to it's original form (without changing control).

Event: Reborn and Confused: Replace a mutation card with one from any discard pile. During any players summon phase, they may pay 1 magic to gain control of that unit. Keep Frantic Mutation on top of this card to represent this ongoing effect.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiwaz Tyrsfist
United States
Gladstone
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
Yay, Overtext bought with supporter GG!
badge
Supporter #3170 - I hope the bonus gets high enough that I can buy GeekBadge Overtext!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Event: Corrupting Influence
Select a common unit controlled by an opponent that is adjacent to a Mutation you control. Take control of that unit and play a mutation from your hand onto that common unit as if it were a Filth common.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TiwazTyrsfist wrote:
Event: Corrupting Influence
Select a common unit controlled by an opponent that is adjacent to a Mutation you control. Take control of that unit and play a mutation from your hand onto that common unit as if it were a Filth common.


Or, for a less powerful version, *move* the mutation card onto the enemy common, then discard the underlying Filth common.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moosey
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cannoneer wrote:
TiwazTyrsfist wrote:
Event: Corrupting Influence
Select a common unit controlled by an opponent that is adjacent to a Mutation you control. Take control of that unit and play a mutation from your hand onto that common unit as if it were a Filth common.


Or, for a less powerful version, *move* the mutation card onto the enemy common, then discard the underlying Filth common.


I think he's quoting a real card. Going by memory you have to pay the summon cost to do so. I like the idea of sliding a mutation to an adjacent common though!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiwaz Tyrsfist
United States
Gladstone
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
Yay, Overtext bought with supporter GG!
badge
Supporter #3170 - I hope the bonus gets high enough that I can buy GeekBadge Overtext!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I'm pretty sure I made up that event, but it's based on some cards from other factions (hows the Bender card stealer work again?)

Then again, I'm sick today, so I could be, something. What? Yeah.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moosey
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
OFFICIAL CARD:
Heretic's Rebuke
You may take control of any enemy Common Unit within 4 spaces of your Summoner. You must immediately Summon a Mutation card by paying its Summon Cost and placing it on that Common Unit.

CUSTOM CARD:
Flash Mutation (look up a couple posts).
I made this for synergy with Heretic's Rebuke.

Corrupting Influence (look up a couple posts)
So no, not exactly the same as Heretic's Rebuke, but you can see why I got confused.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiwaz Tyrsfist
United States
Gladstone
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
Yay, Overtext bought with supporter GG!
badge
Supporter #3170 - I hope the bonus gets high enough that I can buy GeekBadge Overtext!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MooseyFate wrote:
OFFICIAL CARD:
Heretic's Rebuke
You may take control of any enemy Common Unit within 4 spaces of your Summoner. You must immediately Summon a Mutation card by paying its Summon Cost and placing it on that Common Unit.

CUSTOM CARD:
Flash Mutation (look up a couple posts).
I made this for synergy with Heretic's Rebuke.

Corrupting Influence (look up a couple posts)
So no, not exactly the same as Heretic's Rebuke, but you can see why I got confused.


I blame the Benedryl
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moosey
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TiwazTyrsfist wrote:
MooseyFate wrote:
OFFICIAL CARD:
Heretic's Rebuke
You may take control of any enemy Common Unit within 4 spaces of your Summoner. You must immediately Summon a Mutation card by paying its Summon Cost and placing it on that Common Unit.

CUSTOM CARD:
Flash Mutation (look up a couple posts).
I made this for synergy with Heretic's Rebuke.

Corrupting Influence (look up a couple posts)
So no, not exactly the same as Heretic's Rebuke, but you can see why I got confused.


I blame the Benedryl


Benedryl:
Immediately take another event or special ability and quickly skim over it's text. Make as many assumptions and misinterpretations as you can justify when enacting that ability.

NOTE: I know that's not exactly what you did, but playing an event card that is related to customs designs didn't seem as natural to pull off.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.