6 Posts

Field Commander: Napoleon» Forums » Rules

Subject: 1812 Russian campaign apply hits question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Kolomin
Russia
flag msg tools
Hello! I played through all campaigns to 1812 Russian campaign and have some questions.

1. Due to harsh weather I must apply hits to my forces. Should I apply them from the less experienced (first C, then P, etc) and further or I can choose among all of my forces?

2. After first question, I thought about the same situation during combat. As far as I remember in rules it's said like "when you attack enemy forces you apply hits on them...", but there's nothing about when French forces take hits. For example, if I have L and V units in 1 region and must take 2 hits. Can I apply 1 hit on L unit and 1 hit on V?

3. Let's get back to 1812 campaign
Victory conditions says that you should play until Napoleon and all his army will be in Bialystock (or something like that). Is it correct that I should continue playing even if I've reached turn limit for campaign? And if so, I'll get 2 supply points every next turn, right?

4. Special campaign rules says that I can't repurchase defeated units. But can I still purchase recruits, and do they still count in the final VP calculation? In my game I've survived with 8 units and then bought 3 recruits and on the next turn moved to Bialystock. Is it legal victory?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Verssen
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
Thank you for posting your questions...

1 - You may choose how to apply the Hits.

2 - You may choose how to apply these Hits also.

3 - No, do not continue playing. The campaign ends regardless of your army's location when the Turn counter moves off the end of the track.

4 - Yes. You can do that. You must have done very well in the campaign to be able to make that purchase at the end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Kolomin
Russia
flag msg tools
Thank you for your answers Dan!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Van Beurden
Belgium
Leuven
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, the answer to question 2 is a real surprise to me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mats Lintonsson
Sweden
BorĂ¥s
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Tegarend wrote:
Oh, the answer to question 2 is a real surprise to me!

Same here!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wmunny imanol
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Hallo:
You say that the campaign ends regardless of your army's location when the Turn counter moves off the end of the track. But, if when getting at the end of the track there are forces that have not reached Baylistock, is that a total defeat? Or shall I count the forces and multiply times 3? In that case, shall I count all the forces or just those at Baylistock?
I think the rules say that you are defeated if you go beyond the track if it says "inferior" in that track, but this is not the case...
Thanks a lot, I am getting confused in this great scenario!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.