Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jose Huerta
United States
Plymouth
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When we played tonight, there was one card that came up, "Jaconelli Massimillio" which has a special ability to "May steal one Influence from each other player"

We interpreted this action as being, may replace one influence on any gangsters with one of your color. So black had control of this gangster and decided to remove 1 of each color and place 1 black anywhere on the board. This let black remove 5 influence tokens(6 player game) and place 5 of his influence tokens.

Not sure if that is what is meant by the card or if it was a misprint and supposed to read, steal 1 respect from every player? Or if it meant to literally steal 1 influence token from the other players piles, reducing everyone's overall influence token availability, but then thought, what would you do with it once you stole it?

Please clarify.

Also, when it's the play influence card phase, and I have an influence card that says, "Pay $5 to play" but it's not an anytime card, how does that card get played in the bidding round or the "Free" 1st influence card play round?

1.Does it get skipped (if it's the only card) if its the "Free" round and you have no $ to pay for it, and thus loose out on playing in the bidding round?

2. Do you have to pay that as a minimum in the bidding round, so if the bid was $3 to you, in order to play the card you must bid at least $5 but could go higher?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Green
United Kingdom
Luton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When it says steal an influence I wasnt sure if it means you remove the influence from the game or just take one off any gangster for each player and return to them. The other thing was I didnt think that you get to replace the influence removed with one of your own so it defiantely needs clarification so good that you that you asked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Vasel
United States
Homestead
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Love Games, Love 'Em!!!
badge
Check out DiceTower.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's incorrect text.

It should say "steal 1 RESPECT from each other player."

Sorry, but thanks for the catch!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Vasel
United States
Homestead
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Love Games, Love 'Em!!!
badge
Check out DiceTower.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
jhcuatro wrote:
1.Does it get skipped (if it's the only card) if its the "Free" round and you have no $ to pay for it, and thus loose out on playing in the bidding round?

2. Do you have to pay that as a minimum in the bidding round, so if the bid was $3 to you, in order to play the card you must bid at least $5 but could go higher?

These cards are going to be reworded. They should say "May be played anytime for $5". I think that's the best way to be succinct. So you can play them for free during the influence round (or whatever the ante is at that point), but must pay $5 if you play them during the gangster round, for example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Huerta
United States
Plymouth
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TomVasel wrote:

These cards are going to be reworded. They should say "May be played anytime for $5". I think that's the best way to be succinct. So you can play them for free during the influence round (or whatever the ante is at that point), but must pay $5 if you play them during the gangster round, for example.

I like that and the "May be played anytime" is clear to me now. I like the fact that you can play those at anytime. Thanks....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.