Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lee Jemmerson
United Kingdom
Sacriston
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmb
Has anyone had a go at painting the coins and miniatures in fortune and glory. Just got the game and I'm starting to think that I may have a go at painting some of the models. I was thinking just base coating the coins black and dry brushing gold for fortune and silver for glory and not too sure what colours etc I will go for the human figures
Does anyone have any tips etc for the human figures and coins?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Howard
United States
Marina del Rey
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check the gallery and you'll find a BUNCH of examples of painted miniatures.

As far as the coins are concerned, I ended up drybrushing some silver onto the "1" Fortune Coins. For the "5" Glory coins, I ended up using some Fluorescent Green paint, watered it down a lot (so it was basically a wash), and brushed it on thinly. Since it was so watered down, it kept the translucency of the coin, but made it more of a Jade color...
All in all, I wanted something that was subtle, but was just different enough so that I could tell them apart at a glance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
calvin chow
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The gallery has some great inspiration... I've only just got into painting the last couple months, and it hasn't been daunting at all!

I particularly liked how the glory coins with green...

One thing I did was to attach the figures to US Nickels to build a heftier base and give the mini some weight. It also made it easier to glue the minis to nails for easier handling during painting...

I used Army Painter dip/varnish for shading and to the protect the paint... Getting closer to finding the point where dip stops looking like dirt and starts looking like shadow... I'm going to keep the glossy look of the varnish because I think it's more in keeping with these minis being game tokens...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.