Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Asdrubael Vect
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it good for a hero such as Ronan of the wild to trade his melee potential(early-mid game)for an early ranged build..Imo it's not good enough(of course i know it depends clearly on the skills drawn each time,but i would like to discuss it with you).
note;Vanilla-only shop choices.
note 2;in my situation i've drawn Leadership(uber with axe),Swift(the +2 speed comes in handy-quick in quick out,job done-again with axe equipped) and Marksman(+3 range when making magic or ranged attacks)imo useless unless i draw a good ranged weapon mid-late game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Williams
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
In my experience. it's always easiest to go with the trait you have the most dice in. Ronan has 2 ranged and 1 melee, so in general I would never even consider going melee with him, early game or otherwise.

This is where it becomes important to coordinate with your fellow heroes to make sure you build a decent hero party. If I'm looking at Ronan as my hero, I'm not looking to fill the role of melee tank. Let someone else take that role, and Ronan can look into being a ranger. Possibly a runner with that Swift skill boosting your speed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asdrubael Vect
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stewi wrote:
In my experience. it's always easiest to go with the trait you have the most dice in. Ronan has 2 ranged and 1 melee, so in general I would never even consider going melee with him, early game or otherwise.

This is where it becomes important to coordinate with your fellow heroes to make sure you build a decent hero party. If I'm looking at Ronan as my hero, I'm not looking to fill the role of melee tank. Let someone else take that role, and Ronan can look into being a ranger. Possibly a runner with that Swift skill boosting your speed.

Hmmm note that we already have Ispher for ranged purposes..he also has lower armor than Ronan meaning he cannot enter melee with peace of mind..the wizard role is upon Jaes(he's going to buy immolation because of his skills)and tank upon Onefist(sword only).So i don't see the point of losing damage potential as a party(that means the monsters have a better chance to stay on the board for more rounds-this is a bad situation)just for one extra black die on his ranged trait.2 black dice added to the dmg of an axe is an overkill nearly always.Besides crossbow is more expensive and the blue die sucks(it's the worst basic die)..

ps.from my point of view it's not mandatory to stick with the highest trait always..these 'hybrid' heroes(with split traits)are built this way to show us different options

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.