3 Posts

Wyvern» Forums » General

Subject: Trying to build a complete Wyvern rule document rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm currently trying to write an extensive rulebook for Wyvern and i need help for 2 points.

1—While checking an old Scrye magazine i found that there was a Skill Rating for people who participated in sanctionned Wyvern tournaments.

Without writing here the name of the winners here's a sample of these skill ratings.

Wyvern skill rating for Starter Deck events
Winner #1=37.80, Winner#2=37.50, 35.33, 35.00, 33.00, 33.00, 30.40, 30.00, 29.00, 27.67, 27.00, 26.67, 26.33, 25.00, 25.00, 24.67, 22.67, 21.50, 21.50, 21.33, 21.33, 20.00

If anyone remember or figure out how the skill rating function, please post me an answer so that i can put those rating rules in my document.

2—Currently i don't have access to the rule booklet found in the starter deck of the Kingdom edition. Could anyone who has that booklet compare it with the booklet from the Limited edition of Wyvern and note any changes to the rules if there is any. If you find any differences, please send me a message.

As soon as i while have finished with my Rule document i will post it on BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Daganisoraan wrote:
I'm currently trying to write an extensive rulebook for Wyvern and i need help for 2 points.

1—While checking an old Scrye magazine i found that there was a Skill Rating for people who participated in sanctionned Wyvern tournaments.

Without writing here the name of the winners here's a sample of these skill ratings.

Wyvern skill rating for Starter Deck events
Winner #1=37.80, Winner#2=37.50, 35.33, 35.00, 33.00, 33.00, 30.40, 30.00, 29.00, 27.67, 27.00, 26.67, 26.33, 25.00, 25.00, 24.67, 22.67, 21.50, 21.50, 21.33, 21.33, 20.00

If anyone remember or figure out how the skill rating function, please post me an answer so that i can put those rating rules in my document.

In the Wyvern Insiders Guide, there is a comment that implies (though does not state) that this is based on points per game.

Quote:
2—Currently i don't have access to the rule booklet found in the starter deck of the Kingdom edition. Could anyone who has that booklet compare it with the booklet from the Limited edition of Wyvern and note any changes to the rules if there is any. If you find any differences, please send me a message.

I'll see what I can come up with. I have both...somewhere.

Quote:
As soon as i while have finished with my Rule document i will post it on BGG.

You might want to try contacting Mike Fitzgerald. He has an account here on BGG and might be willing to help out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Markham
msg tools
I know it's been several months, but I just stumbled across this site. Back when it was still available I worked on a section for my web page on this game. As part of that I grabbed several pages from US Games' web page including the rule books and tournament rules circa 1996. I couldn't find the insider's guide in my area, so I never had access to that resource.

I just made some quick fixes so that links should work on my server. Fee free to visit. I have card lists, card text and other stuff I collected over the years. Probably the most complete collection remaining on the web.

http://www.thelair.info/wyvern
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.