Denver Le Roux
South Africa
Cape Town
South Africa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All

My friend is in London and can bring back games for me.

Where is the best place for him to go?

He is currently near the central tower of London, and also was in Shaftesbury avenue.

Best prices would be good as well

Rivals for Catan. Tichu. Bohnanaza. Race for the Galaxy. Quarriors.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Great Barford, Bedford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
This site needs a forum where we can put the faux offended so we can ignore them.
mbmbmbmbmb
Closest is Orc's nest. Not best prices though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Tucknott
United Kingdom
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah Orc's nest is definitely the most central (and closest to your friend - in fact it's on Shaftsbury avenue) but it's not cheap and it's not really very good.

Leisure Games:

http://www.leisuregames.com/

Is hands down the best games shop in London that I'm aware of. Decent prices, good stock, knowledgeable staff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
England
Harrow
London
flag msg tools
mbmb
Board Games shops in London?
http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/UK_faq
Game shops in London, England?

Hope your friend hops on the tube and talks to everyone on it. People in London need people from down under to hop and the tube and talk to them otherwise the tube is just a dour bunch of gits who never smile. Had a wonderful chat with a cute Argentinian and a not too bad looking Kiwi at the same time not all that long ago. Made the ride home all that much more fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
England
Harrow
London
flag msg tools
mbmb
Slightly wrote:
Yeah Orc's nest is definitely the most central (and closest to your friend - in fact it's on Shaftsbury avenue) but it's not cheap and it's not really very good.

Leisure Games:

http://www.leisuregames.com/

Is hands down the best games shop in London that I'm aware of. Decent prices, good stock, knowledgeable staff.

tel999 wrote:
Closest is Orc's nest. Not best prices though.

Not the worst either. While I'm a regular Leisure Games and I love them to pieces I've picked up several games at Orc's Nest for the same price as LG. You can always search online at check the prices. LG has also told me games are unavailable but then they've been at ON which is why I've known the comparative prices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The question is not really what is the best store... but what store is there in London!?!?! Remember this is the capital of the world (So they believe, Empire delusion..) and there is only ONE game shop in central London (downtown is big here)

I do half of my shopping in Orc Nest because they are nice people and because I don't want to see the only game store in Central London disapear. But they are a bit pricy, I guess the rent is dire..

(love Finchley and will visit... it will be like going on a holiday!)

~J

Edit for added sarcasm...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.