Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Any confusing/ambiguous wording on the cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hello, what is your name?
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Greetings Humans.

As I (im)patiently wait for the arrival of Mage Knight's reprint, I wanted to get a sense of the overall writing quality of the cards, as I know that my enjoyment from a game of this nature weighs heavily on the clarity of the writing. In general, are the cards' descriptions clear. Are there any notable ambiguties on some cards. And are there any typos/grammatical errors on any of the cards (because that just drives me crazy).

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Presley
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hartattack916 wrote:
Greetings Humans.

As I (im)patiently wait for the arrival of Mage Knight's reprint, I wanted to get a sense of the overall writing quality of the cards, as I know that my enjoyment from a game of this nature weighs heavily on the clarity of the writing. In general, are the cards' descriptions clear. Are there any notable ambiguties on some cards. And are there any typos/grammatical errors on any of the cards (because that just drives me crazy).

Thanks in advance.

There were a few in the original printing, but I believe it is all being cleaned up for the second print run.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cathcart
United States
West Conshohocken
US
flag msg tools
I haven't had any problems figuring out what the cards do. The only confusing thing in that respect is the way the game handles magic blocking, which is kind of counter intuitive at first. Normally you would think that in order to block a fire spell you would want a card with fire block, but in Mage Knight a card that says "fire block" actually means "to block with fire", so you actually want a block that is the opposite of the element you are trying to block (a wall of ice to block a fire ball, for example).

Anyway, just make sure you read that part of the rulebook carefully. Aside from that I'd say the cards are very clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seppel (BGG)
Germany
Kirchzarten
B-W
flag msg tools
Meowww
mbmbmbmb
You can find almost all texts here:
http://unofficialmageknighttheboardgame.wikia.com/wiki/Unoff...

Check for yourself
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.