Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edward Wehrenberg
United States
Unspecified
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
- Do you just use one power per turn? (Or could I conceivable use an At-Will power to attack, THEN use a Daily, Then use a Utility? ALL on my Hero Phase)

- Can I win the initial scenario without defeating the opposing monsters? Meaning, just run to that spot I have to be on to End the game and it's over? Even if there's monsters left?

- Do you bring in more monsters when there's more players? I can imagine how easy Scenario One would be if Wulfgar tagged along...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dan mce
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are interested in learning how the game plays I would reccomend watching BlackBeltGaming's series on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL35A8580D217A8CC9&feat...

but to answer your questions briefly:

You are limited by what sort of action you are using. You can usually only do one attack, and some cards say use instead of attacking. Some cards have different times you can use them depending on the card.

You can try and run away from monsters, but you have to stop at every unexplored edge, then reveal a new tile. With each tile comes a new monster, and each newley revealed monster gets to attack you almost immediatley after it is placed. (so even if you run you will take alot of damage, and more each turn for each monster chasing you.)

each player brings in a new monster (on average) once a turn as they explore the dungeon, if they choose not to explore the suffer the encounter deck. Encounters = lots of damage for every one :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. There is no limit to the number of powers you can use per turn. There is a limit to the number of attacks per turn (usually 1), and you have to use a Power (usually At-Will or Daily) when you attack.

2. You win when you satisfy the winning conditions. Does it say you have to defeat the opposing monsters?

3. None of the "rules" change with more players, so not really. A monster appears when a Hero explores. So if you're exploring every turn, then you'll get a monster every turn, regardless of the number of players.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Wehrenberg
United States
Unspecified
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the quick responses, guys.

So - if stopping at the edge brings a new monster, just don't go to the edge, until the current monster is defeated. With 2 or 3 players, this seems awfully easy to do.

OR are the Encounters generally considered more difficult than the monsters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drizzt's encounters aren't as punishing as Ravenloft's were, but they're still no picnic. A good number of them (probably more than 50%) do at least 1 damage to every hero on the tile. It's typically better to explore than to have an encounter.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chairman7w wrote:

So - if stopping at the edge brings a new monster, just don't go to the edge, until the current monster is defeated. With 2 or 3 players, this seems awfully easy to do.

You really don't want many encounters at all, they are much worse than the monsters for the most part.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
a.k.a. The Shire
badge
Waggle, waggle
mbmbmbmbmb
peltazoid wrote:
Chairman7w wrote:

You really don't want many encounters at all, they are much worse than the monsters for the most part.

But you don't want to end up with too many monsters either; if I've got several monsters to take care of I'd rather take an encounter - I might be able to cancel it or to use it to my advantage. However if your mission is simply to escape the dungeon, then extra monsters don't matter as much since you're outrunning them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Wehrenberg
United States
Unspecified
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Gah!! I see what you mean! Jr and I played Scenario 2 last night and lost!! Artemis killed me, and Jr was taken out by that danged Curse of Lolth! I swear there must be 20 of those dang cards in the Encounter Deck!! Grrrrrr... We had Artemis down to 2HP left, too!

Great game - I like a good challenge. We'll see what happens next time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.