Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I sign in and go to my subscriptions I'll see something like:

My New favortie Geeklist - 13 New Comments, 2 New Items

When I click on the link, I get taken to A new comment, but then I have no idea how to get to the NEXT new comment.

How can I navigate through all the new content in a given geeklist?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrin Williams
United States
Allen
Texas
flag msg tools
I have overtext. Yes I do.
badge
I have overtext. How 'bout you !
mbmbmbmbmb

You just have to scroll through the geeklist looking for new comments.

The new comments will be outlined in red.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Uggggh. On a 9 page geeklist, that is not happening...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering Pinky?"
badge
"Wuhhh... I think so, Brain, but if a ham can operate a radio, why can't a pig set a VCR?"
mbmbmbmbmb
blockhead wrote:

Hehe....it is if you want to read the new comments 9 pages isn't so bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Randy Weston - The Spirits of Our Ancestors
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blockhead wrote:

You don't have to do that, as I've learned when checking my 'Campaign to improve the Rules Folders' list. Let's say I get a subscription notice saying I have 10 new comments. I click the link, and that takes me to the first new comment on that page. After reading it, I scroll to the end of the page, noting any other comments outlined in red. Let's say I find 3 on that page altogether.

The next step is to back arrow to my subscriptions page, which will now say that my GeekList has 7 new comments. Click it again, and it takes me to the next page that has 1 or more. Rinse and repeat.

Bottom line, the subscription manager is smart enough to only mark as read the items on a page you've viewed. When you go back, it will take you to the next lot. You don't need to view every page of your list when you get the notice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
blockhead wrote:

You don't have to do that, as I've learned when checking my 'Campaign to improve the Rules Folders' list. Let's say I get a subscription notice saying I have 10 new comments. I click the link, and that takes me to the first new comment on that page. After reading it, I scroll to the end of the page, noting any other comments outlined in red. Let's say I find 3 on that page altogether.

The next step is to back arrow to my subscriptions page, which will now say that my GeekList has 7 new comments. Click it again, and it takes me to the next page that has 1 or more. Rinse and repeat.

Bottom line, the subscription manager is smart enough to only mark as read the items on a page you've viewed. When you go back, it will take you to the next lot. You don't need to view every page of your list when you get the notice.
... and you certainly don't need to go back to your subscriptions page either: just click the 'next' at the top of the page just above your username.

There are rumours that they are improving geeklist subscription navigation in the new UI they are working on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
God bless you both! I must try this at once!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.