Fortune and Glory: The Cliffhanger Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Some rules questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jano Jano
msg tools
mb
I'd like to post the following perhaps trivial rules questions:

1. Some allies are sidekicks. It may be stipulated that only one sidekick is allowed. If one buys an allies card and one draws another sidekick, is this ally discarded and a new one drawn for no additional glory, or is the glory wasted?

2. Co-op game, villain adventure phase: are nazi villains always deployed with two henchmen or does this only hold for the competitive game? I assume if a villain gets any wounds, he/she retains them if removed from the board for whatever reason (eg hero collects artifact).

3. Co-op game: destroy outpost and collect artifact from villains - I assume that villain track is not adjusted by minus 2?

4. Co-op game, villain adventure phase: if a villain overcomes sufficient dangers to get an artifact but at the same time collects enough wounds to be KO'ed, what happens: the villain collects the artifact (+2 to villain track) and considered KO'ed (so not ready to be deployed again).

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Anderson
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm no expert but I'll try to answer.

1. Choose 1 to keep and discard the other.

2. always 2 unless you run out in which case it's 1 or 0.

3. move the track back D3.

4. move the track +2 and KO the villan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmb
On 3, you can either take the artifact, or take the fortune and set the track back. You do not get to set the track back if you take an artifact.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On #2, Villains retain their wounds unless they get KO'd. Don't forget, when a Villain would take a wound, you first remove a henchmen (if they have one). The Villain only gets a wound token if they have no henchmen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Howard
United States
Marina del Rey
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Cyscott is right. Choose 1, discard the other (don't draw a new card)

2. Actually, according to Jason Hill in this thread, Villains actually fully heal up anytime they leave the board and go back to base. If you think it becomes too hard to KO them in this case, make sure to use your event cards against 'em! And yes, they always get 2 Bodyguards when deployed onto the board (if able).

3. Oriecat is right. Here's the quote from the rulebook under Destroying an Outpost:
The Hero may choose to either steal
(take) any one Artifact that the Villains have collected or
take any Fortune the Villains currently have as well as to
move the Villain Track Marker D3 steps back from it’s
current position

4. Cyscott is correct again. When Villains roll the dice, all effects are simultaneous. Since both conditions are met (Collect enough danger tokens to secure Artifact, and collected enough wounds to be KO'd), both effects resolve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel U. Thibault
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oriecat wrote:
On 3, you can either take the artifact, or take the fortune and set the track back. You do not get to set the track back if you take an artifact.

I would disagree; there is no point in taking an artifact back if it does not move the track back. Well, there is the point that the Heroes will get to sell the stolen artifact and thus edge their Fortune closer to victory, but...It just seems taking an artifact back from the Vile Organization should be more of a setback for them. They are trying to use the artifacts' occult powers to achieve world domination, after all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can certainly play how you want, but rules-wise you either take your fortune and move the track back or take an artifact, not both. Taking an artifact is quite helpful with some of the Stays in Play cards, too, since they can trigger off of the artifacts they have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.