Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Port Saint Lucie
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First off I want to say...just WOW. What a thematic and incredible game. While I've played a few super hero games...this one really takes the cake for putting a player "in an issue" of the Sentinels of the Multiverse Universe.

However, as someone who can only round up one or two other players, I was wondering if we'd ever see an expansion where we would have a super villan more suited for Solo play. Something more One on One. I think it would be awesome if we could have several Villains that may possibly synergize with one another - but at the same time allow us the players to have some sort of one on one match up. Sure it's one thing when we have Grand General Voss going up Against Tempest or Baron Blade going up against Legacy. However, what about someone less devious...or the Villains our heroes may have faced before they teamed up.

I guess I'm asking for something similar to say Spider-Man and his Rogue's Gallery. Sure Spidey may fight The Vulture, Doc-Ock, Kraven, Electro, Mysterio, and Sandman on separate terms. However, it would also be cool if I could take those same six villains and formed the "Sinister Six" There by making it harder for the solo, duo or even trio group of heroes and also giving them something bigger and badder to fight.

Maybe possibly even giving the Villains a "shared" health pool when they team up, or some sort of "synergy" bonus that allows them extra attacks or special powers when grouped up with another Villain.

Oh well, one can hope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
For what it's worth, the Rook City expansion villains seem to be designed to make solo play more of an option; most of their effects vary based on the number of heroes in the game, so a lone hero has at least a fighting chance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
salty53 wrote:
For what it's worth, the Rook City expansion villains seem to be designed to make solo play more of an option; most of their effects vary based on the number of heroes in the game, so a lone hero has at least a fighting chance.

This is true, The Wraith can definitely defeat her nemesis Spite all by her lonesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Port Saint Lucie
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
salty53 wrote:
I just got my copy of Rook City and haven't given it a shot yet, I'll take this into consideration right away!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.