Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
kasper ten brinke
Netherlands
Groningen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My local Boardgameshop told me I would get a promo when I order Lords of Waterdeep. Today I got the game, but I don't have a promo. Does anyone knows about a promo for Lords of Waterdeep?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Great Barford, Bedford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
This site needs a forum where we can put the faux offended so we can ignore them.
mbmbmbmbmb
You mean this one....

http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1229071/lords-of-waterdeep

Apparently A Gift for playing the demo at the Dungeons and Dragons Experience 2012 con. (Whatever that is)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Devine
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At DDXP, I was told that the card was going to B&M stores to give away with purchases of the game. No clue if that is still their ongoing stance, but I can confirm the card exists because I picked one up at DDXP.

Not sure why the OP didn't get his promo, though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm. I did not get one yesterday when I picked up my copy. But, that does not mean I was not suppose to get one and just got screwed again by my FLGS. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LordHellfury wrote:
grunnboy wrote:
My local Boardgameshop told me I would get a promo when I order Lords of Waterdeep. Today I got the game, but I don't have a promo. Does anyone knows about a promo for Lords of Waterdeep?

I seriously hope there is NOT a promo for this game. This is the first time I have heard any whisperings of any sort of promos for this game.

The depths of hatred I have for that marketing strategy is bottomless. I actually actively avoid games that do this.

I hope it is not true for this game because I was actually really interested in buying it.

Seriously WotC, give it a break already. Do NOT make promos for this nor Dungeon Command. Not every game you make has to have an additional 'chase' game attached to it.

I could not find Dungeon Command in the database. Is my Search Fu weak?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In any regards,
if any one has one of the Promo cards... Send me a PM if your selling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Gingras
Canada
Sorel-Tracy
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDarkKnight wrote:
I could not find Dungeon Command in the database. Is my Search Fu weak?

I don't think an entry has been created yet. It's WotC's new miniature game, which will come out later this year, and will also be compatible with the "Adventure System" D&D board games.

I started a thread for content speculation here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/775763/dungeon-command-c....

Regards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel.
badge
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be fine with this if Wizards of the Coast would join the many other companies that later let BGG put their promos up in the geekstore. But I don't think I've ever once seen any Wizards promo in there.

And then they become ridiculously hard to find for many of the fans that are trying to help support their games. And it's not like that money makes it's way to Wizards. No, it goes to advantageous ebay sellers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Merric Blackman
Australia
Waubra
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
Ramping up my reviewing.
badge
Happily playing games for many, many years.
mbmbmbmbmb
There is one promo Intrigue card so far - Inevitable Betrayal. (Take two gold and one adventurer from another player, then give this card to them instead of discarding it).

My FLGS were getting some in; mine came with my review copy from Wizards.

Cheers,
Merric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Paella
United States
East Aurora
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a "Inevitable Betrayal" promo I'd be willing to trade for the Eclipse Supernova promo/expansion, plus I'd pay the BGG price you paid for it when it was available. Contact me if interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Brokaw
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
It's not a damn moped!
mbmbmbmbmb
My FLGS is really good about getting promos in if they are owed, but they were not told that there was a retail promo available. They wondered if it was a convention exclusive promo card?

They are selling their copies of the game today (which I just bought one) but they do not have any promo cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i also would buy this promo for a very good price !
don't hesitate to contact me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Franka
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Ghorro wrote:
I have a "Inevitable Betrayal" promo I'd be willing to trade for the Eclipse Supernova promo/expansion, plus I'd pay the BGG price you paid for it when it was available. Contact me if interested.

I'm not a fan of "me too!" thread entries but the seller had someone agree to this deal before I was able to take advantage of it myself. I don't know a better way to make this offer in a place that the intended audience might see it, so if anyone else wants to trade my Eclipse Supernova for their LOW promo card, send me a Geekmail.

By the way, I went by my FLGS which does a reasonable amount of business in Magic cards and hosts some D&D games (in other words, they carry a fair amount of Wizards of the Coast stuff). The owner showed me the LOW boxes that they had just received direct from WOTC (his words...I don't know if they use a distributor or what) and he said they got no promo cards and he had not heard of any. So if WOTC is actually distributing these promo cards to FLGS, I don't know how they pick and choose, but not all of the brick and mortar places are getting them, even if they sell a lot of other WOTC stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Stadler
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
Live long and prosper!
mbmbmbmbmb
Also hoping this will be available in the BGG store. Seems like a fun card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stadi wrote:
Also hoping this will be available in the BGG store. Seems like a fun card.

Ditto!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Score one for my FLGS! Picked up my order today, sleeved and taped to the order list was the Promo card cool . Hadn't even thought about asking them if they had it, just on the assumption no way they would have it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.