Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's play a game. Pick a game for both categories then do the math
Mine
Cargo Noir + Lords of Scotland = Lords of Noir

Same cool cardgame as lords if Scotland but instead of lame drawings of Scottish dudes, awesome Miguel Coimbra drawn gangsters or black market goods
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pater Absurdus
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
There's really no wrong way to use a margarita pool
badge
"What is best in Life? To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
mbmbmbmbmb
Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath of Ashardalon Board Game + Power Grid = Grid of Ashardalon
Talisman (Revised 4th Edition) + Catan = Settlers of Talisman
Zombies!!! + Dominion = Zombinion (this may not be totally new whistle)

These came to my mind...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Battletech + Pandemic = First Response

In First Response, anti-government resistance uprisings are popping up all over the place, causing disorder and violence. The resistance have made their demands known and its time for the Planetary Governor to respond. Utilizing his nearly unlimited and non-expiring emergency authority, he has issued a team of Imperial Negotiators to resolve the crisis. Armed with the most devastating war machines ever built, players must launch a campaign of terror to suppress the uprisings and capture the leaders of these five resistance movements. Players may also raid suspected resistance havens to gain additional weaponry and intelligence. They must balance these raids with their suppression efforts and their efforts to capture the leaders, because if too much resistance gathers in one place they can explode into a full-blown revolution. The expansion adds a new Resistance group and a new type of Negotiator, who may secretly be a resistance sympathizer!

The people of the world demand their freedom. It's time for you to respond.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cilantro V
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
I liked the back-of-box description so much I made my own!

Elder Signs: Omens + Schotten Totten = Elder Signs: Containment

Long sealed behind the 9 massive portals of a vast and mysterious mausoleum, a sleeping horror grows ever more powerful. Yet there is hope! You know of an ancient and powerful symbol which can banish the cosmic evil for another thousand years. You must deploy all of your knowledge and investigative tools in just the right time and place to hold back the shambling horrors pounding at the gates! Be the first to uncover 5 Elder Signs, or to claim the signs of 3 connected portals, and the Old Ones fall again into uneasy slumber- but be cautious, brave adventurer, for with every hour closer to midnight and every portal opened, the blackness closes in around you!

While even a basic re-theme of the otherwise ho-hum schotten totten or battle line would be great, I'd also love a doom-clock mechanic. Maybe the Old One player gains powers as the night goes on, or as unspeakable horrors billow out of the opened portals. The hero player might start with powers and lose them as insanity takes over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice work guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.