Subject: Any info on the 1st or 2nd Escape expansions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Lynn
United States
Manhattan
Kansas
flag msg tools
First let me begin by stating my excitement for this game to arrive, I am a backer on kickstarter and am eagerly awaiting the release. However I have a couple questions before I drop another $25 on the "2nd expansion". A few days earlier when researching whether to back or not, I read somewhere (update #5 on kickstarter) that they were unsure of what would exactly be in the first expansion. This is what troubles me...

Anyone else have thoughts that they have just split the first expansion into 2 halves and are reselling the 2nd half to us for an extra $25? I have trouble that no one knows what will be in expansion 1, but they are already busting out expansion 2 (which will now release in Sept in exp. 1's stead).

Also what are your thoughts on a bag for a game holder, it won't fit on my shelf that easy, but would make it easier to travel with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Davis
United States
Sewickley
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To be honest, I was all on board with the Kickstarter backing until they added this Expansion #2 for an extra $25. I dropped my backing after that. It rubbed me the wrong way about needing to add another $25 for an already expensive game just to get a bag and a second expansion that isn't even defined. I find Queen games expensive anyway, but will buy them if they are rated well. Here, they are asking us to pay that amount on something without much information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Amundsen Østby
Norway
Langhus
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the game system is quite open to expansions, several expansion modules were submitted to Queen together with the base game. So even though Queen have already planned to release expansions for the game, they have not yet decided on exactly which expansion modules will go in which expansion set. So this is why they cannot give you any specific information on the expansions this early. Sorry for that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
Anaesthetic wrote:
Since the game system is quite open to expansions, several expansion modules were submitted to Queen together with the base game. So even though Queen have already planned to release expansions for the game, they have not yet decided on exactly which expansion modules will go in which expansion set. So this is why they cannot give you any specific information on the expansions this early. Sorry for that

It sounds kind of like Dominion, where Donald had a ton of card designs for the game, and they later had to decide which cards should be in which expansion. It's the same for Escape; there are a lot of ideas, but they have to sort through what will go where.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
It's the same for Escape; there are a lot of ideas, but they have to sort through what will go where.

Seems like something they should have done before starting to collect money for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike P
United States
Castleton
New York
flag msg tools
Check out my blog, Board Game Radar!!!
badge
Stop! That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
I love expansions, so I don't mind that there are multiple expansions in the works. I haven't upgraded my pledge yet, though. The bag really doesn't interest me, but I still may do it for the expansion. I have some questions, though.

The second expansion comes out in September. Do we get a similar exclusive window on that product before it is released to stores (2 weeks)?

How big is an expansion? How many new tiles/cards/etc... can we expect for Expansion 1, Expansion 2, etc...

What is the MSRP on the expansions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe F.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Bag is what got me to pledge, after all I need somewhere to put that Collector's poster

Seriously I would like to see a copy of the rules, and at least some info on the two expansions.

I've already pledged and am looking forward to the game, it appears to be a good lite filler type game. Stretch reward 20k here we come! Congrats to the designer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.