Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
If an Army HQ accepts its orders and all subordinate leaders are on delay that turn, is the ARMY HQ allowed to move off to its objective hex (general order movement)

If so - does that not require the subordinate leaders and units to all stay with in range of the higher echelon leader? (range halved for no orders?)

Seems like a sneaky way to get your guys moving in the same direction.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brewer
United Kingdom
Bedford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do units have to stay in range of the Army HQ? I didn't think they did, but it's been a while since I played this.

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
The Divisional /Brigade HQ's do, and units to them I thought. its 6.4 in the rules.

just curious otherwise the french sit for a turn!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brewer
United Kingdom
Bedford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
If an Army HQ accepts its orders and all subordinate leaders are on delay that turn ...

I am not sure I understand your question.

Army HQs accept orders entirely separately from their subordinate units (ie the Corps or Divisions or Brigades).

But there is no Command Range that applies to Army HQs. An Army HQ is free to wander over the map (except that artillery units assigned direct to the Army HQ have to keep within 8 hexes (6.11.1)). So if your Army HQ accepted a move order and the subordinate Corps were all in delay, then the Army HQ would move.

Corps, divisions and brigades are different, but you asked about the Army HQ unit.

Mike

Edit: which Scenario are you playing in Talavera?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.