Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
C. Rexford
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Thufferin Thuccotash!! It'th Cold out Here!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wanted to post my opinion about eclecticzeal.com. They are relatively new, ( I believe they went live in January), I have used them thrice thus far, and I have been impressed with several things:
A. They give honest and personal reviews of the games they sell.
B. They have sale items and specials regularly, and normal prices are very reasonable. (perhaps similar to CSI).
C. Free shipping at 99 dollars. (again, similar to CSI).
D. They also sell some used games at reduced rates, but the used games that I have seen are virtually new in condition.

Their inventory is small compared to, say, CSI, but they are pretty solid in the stock they do have.
What I have enjoyed most however, is their personal touch...for example, they recently sold copies of Monsterpocalypse Battle Box, but they carefuly opened the boxes to peek at the two factions inside, and sold them with the factions exposed so patrons could order a box without having to be concerned with duplicating what they may already have, or just to be able to insure getting the faction they want.

Their reviews, (and indeed their general stock), are based on playing the games themselves, and this is a feature that I truly appriciate. They sell wargames, euro-style, and others...usually the newest games are available there. (Like Thunderstone Advance of late..).

Although I enjoy, and continue to utilize coolstuffinc. and funagain. I have not been hearing much about eclecticzeal.com and I wanted to toss eclecticzeal into the game plaza as another consideration when looking for games, sort of 'spreading the word'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Kinslow
United States
Piperton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
↳ Do one brain damage ↳ Do one brain damage ↳ End the run
badge
Real heroes wear pink.
mb
I appreciate it - I may just give them a shot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathew
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hadn't heard of them until now. Took a look around their site--looks like a good vendor. Thanks for the recommendation!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
Just registered with them and will check them out. Thanks for the recommendation!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Bishop
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This may have been worth its own thread, but I'd like to bump this by adding my own experience.

I won a $15 gift certificate to EclecticZeal.com here on BGG. I'm on sort of a purchasing hiatus while I'm saving for bigger things, so I decided I would just use my gift balance and as little over that as I could. Apologies to Eclectic Zeal, but that's what happens when you give people money sometimes

I found an inexpensive card game that I'd wanted since I saw it in the G4GG Lotteries a few months back, and added it to the cart knowing that shipping would eat the rest of my certificate. Sure enough, the cheapest shipping choice was their Flat Rate $12 option. Great for bigger orders under their free shipping limit, but not so great for me. Oh well, it wasn't really my money, I'd still be getting this card game at a great discount so I was happy.

Placed my order, paid, and started waiting for my package. Today I got an email stating that most of my out-of-pocket purchase price was refunded. In the "Notes from Merchant" section was this:

"We were able to save you some money by shipping this game via USPS, so we've refunded part of your purchase price."

I don't give reviews or feedback very often, but I had to come out and compliment these folk for that unexpected and appreciated bit of good customer service. Oh, and they're the only place I know that sometimes answers the question "If this game were a food, it would be:", so they're a cool bunch in my book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.