Popular Tags: [View All]
John VanDenBerg
United States
Farmington
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After playing regular and Epic Thunderstone, I realized that I much prefer Epic. So I decided to try an Epic Nightfall variant using all the regular and promo cards from NF, ML and BC (CW is on order).

I sorted all the minions into 6 piles by primary moon color, and then did the same for the orders. This resulted in 12 piles, two of each color.

We allowed the top card from any 1 pile to be cycled during the purchase phase.

We really liked this variant. You had 12+ purchase choices each turn, and you could really buy towards some great chains. Our decks evolved quite differently, more so than with the common+private archives. Set up and clean up were a lot faster too.

I will definitely be playing this way from now on. Looking forward to adding the CW cards into the mix.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gregg
United States
Franklinville
NC
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
boardgamegeek.com/thread/1234645
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering when someone might try out something like this

Glad to hear it was fun, might have to give it a shot myself zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Baker
United States
Sophia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question, but because in that brief moment when the coin is in the air, you suddenly realize what you were hoping for.
badge
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear: - 1 Pet 3:15
mbmbmbmbmb
This really does look like an interesting variant. Will have to check this out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexey Andronov
Russia
Saint-Petersburg
flag msg tools
Which one is better, this one or http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/677788/epic-nightfall
In this one, did you not have private archives at all?

Would be great to have official epic rules, as well as official pentagon and 2v2 rules...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.