Steam Lords» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can I spend resources from my industry cards to buy upgrades? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Floris Hegger
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Hello,

We're playing our first game of Steam Lords and we are wondering whether a player can spend resources from my industry cards to buy upgrades? Or, is this only allowed with the resources left in Brick Kiln, Smelter, Textile Mill or Lumbermill (the resource cards).

TIA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
not quite sure if you are asking whether a player can spend another player's resources? which no you cannot

i think what you are asking is can you use resources sitting on your industry cards to buy the upgrades for yourself. the answer to that is no. you can only use the resources left on your resource cards (brick kiln, smelter, etc...)

thanks for playing the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wyckyd
Netherlands
Groningen
Groningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi todd,

Thanks for your quick answer. We weren't spending each others resources, but were wondering if you could spend resources from your industry cards to buy upgrades. So you've answered that: a clear no.

Another quick question, just to be sure:
- Are you allowed to build on the other side of the river? Can I have 4 buildings at the docks, for instance?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yes you may build any/all of the buildings on a river card. often this is a good strategy to prevent the other player from gaining any of the bonuses the buildings offer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.