Jade Youngblood
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a few questions:

1. Can I place multiple meeples into a building if I have the dice for it?
example: I have 3 red dice 3,5,6, I can put 3 meeples into the palace (red building) on slots 3,5,6?

2. When fighting black dice can I use one die to counter all black dice if it's total is equal to or greater than the total of all black dice? Or do I need to combat each black die separately? (I have been playing that you can use 1 die to beat the total of all the black dice if you so choose)

3. The rules say that when you place a meeple onto an action card such as diplomat, artisan or priest you must also activate the action. Can you activate the action for 0 or must it yield at least 1 use to be considered a valid action? Sometimes it gets near the end of a turn and I want to prepare for the following turn by getting a meeple onto a key action card, but the dice aren't sufficient to activate the card so I wonder if this is a legal move?

Your response to my questions are greatly appreciated. I am really enjoying this game, but can't properly answer these few points based on my understanding of the rules as written.

Thumbs up for this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt feldman
United States
Maple Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, yes, and no you may not. you have to activate it. activating it for 0 is another way of saying you haven't activated it.

championstyle wrote:
I have a few questions:

example: I have 3 red dice 3,5,6, I can put 3 meeples into the palace (red building) on slots 3,5,6?

2. When fighting black dice can I use one die to counter all black dice if it's total is equal to or greater than the total of all black dice? Or do I need to combat each black die separately? (I have been playing that you can use 1 die to beat the total of all the black dice if you so choose)

3. The rules say that when you place a meeple onto an action card such as diplomat, artisan or priest you must also activate the action. Can you activate the action for 0 or must it yield at least 1 use to be considered a valid action? Sometimes it gets near the end of a turn and I want to prepare for the following turn by getting a meeple onto a key action card, but the dice aren't sufficient to activate the card so I wonder if this is a legal move?

Your response to my questions are greatly appreciated. I am really enjoying this game, but can't properly answer these few points based on my understanding of the rules as written.

Thumbs up for this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
championstyle wrote:
I have a few questions:

Actually, I'm pretty sure you can only use a single die to place meeples in the principle buildings, not a group of dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) You can only place a single meeple into a building at a time. So you can only use one die when choosing this action, though over three turns you can place three in there.

2) Yes, a single die can counter multiple black dice, which you choose whether you want to defeat more than one or let the other players take care of them (remember a player earns 1 influence point for each defeated black die).

3) You must activate the card at least once to put a meeple on the card. So if the dice do not add up to allow at least one activation, you can't place them on the card. Don't forget you can use influence to reroll or flip dice from your area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt feldman
United States
Maple Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
QBert80 wrote:
championstyle wrote:
I have a few questions:

Actually, I'm pretty sure you can only use a single die to place meeples in the principle buildings, not a group of dice.

i agree, and misread the question. over the course of the round you can place multiple dice into a building, but not as a single action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jade Youngblood
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious to find out about the meeples in buildings...if you can use 3 dice at once, assuming all the moves they allowed you to do were legal ie not expelling the same person twice, you could "invade" areas of the board. The FAQ doesnt cover this, i'll be interested to see what the consensus is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jade Youngblood
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GOT IT!

Thanks everyone. This game is quite special, i'm happy to have all of that sorted out. looking forward to getting more plays in without the ambiguity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.