Subject: Gathering the ball next to an opponent rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
orange smartie
England
Oxford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just got this and have played through some of the basic rules with my son. He's only 7, so we're not using the optional ruck rules, but I have a question regarding gathering the ball at the breakdown.

Imagine the scenario where my winger takes the ball and runs into Joe's no.8.

- Both my winger and the no. 8 are grounded.
- I move in my centre to gather the ball, but he fails the roll. He's still on his feet (no tacklers from Joe's side are there to tackle me) adjacent to the ball.
- My turn ends (failed roll)
- Joe moves in his prop to take the ball from my squashed winger. He succeeds, but if he is adjacent to my centre (the one who failed to gather) he is automatically tackled, although the ball is on top of his counter now.

Have I got this right? If so, Joe's prop needs to join the fray so as to avoid being adjacent to one of my non-grounded players when he gathers. Either way, even if Joe is automatically tackled as he takes possession, am I right in my assumption that the ball will move on to his counter as a result of succeeding in his gather?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hostman
United States
Alsea
OR
flag msg tools
designer
I've been Banished to Oregon... Gaming in Corvallis, living in Alsea... Need gamers willing to try new things...
badge
The Splattered Imperium
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds right...And then joe can move another guy to pull it from him...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
orange smartie
England
Oxford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks William! I think we're going to enjoy this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davide Grandini
Italy
Rubiera
Reggio Emilia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For all the answers to your doubts about the rules visit:http://www.crashtacklerugbygame.co.za/component/kunena/
the official forum of Crash Tackle, the authors are always there to help,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.