Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Sanfilippo
United States
ISSAQUAH
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The way it looks to me is that you can move through a sector that has another race token in it to get to another sector that is unoccupied. Is that correct

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
that is correct, there is no "Blocking" in REX.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean D.
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the most "non-turtling" game I have played. You are pretty open to attack from anywhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Sanfilippo
United States
ISSAQUAH
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hector131 wrote:
This is the most "non-turtling" game I have played. You are pretty open to attack from anywhere.
"non-turtling? What does that mean?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Turtling means that you just build up a defensive position and hide in it from everyone else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Merric Blackman
Australia
Waubra
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
Ramping up my reviewing.
badge
Happily playing games for many, many years.
mbmbmbmbmb
keso55 wrote:
Hector131 wrote:

Turtling is acting like a turtle: forming an impenetrable defence around your forces and refusing to move. A number of games (e.g. Kingmaker) reward turtle mechanics over attacking: defence beats attack. It's generally a problem in a board game because you want things to actually happen!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean D.
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
keso55 wrote:
Hector131 wrote:

Yes, what they said. "To turtle" means to play defensively and not make offensive moves against other players, hoping simply to hang on to what you have without taking any risks. In Rex, because you can move through enemy occupied areas your opponents can't use a "Turtling" strategy against you and this promotes more conflict. The other reason this game does not promote "turtling" is that there are only 8 turns in which you can move and attack in. You have to act quickly and take risks to win in this game. I suppose you could have 3 "Turtling" players work together in a 6 player game to win in an alliance, but the chances of them not backstabbing each other is pretty slim. Overall, we have had numerous fights in our game and I found that aspect to be quite fun, you never felt sure of your position and there was always tension - even between allies during the whole game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.