Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Male
United Kingdom
Woburn Sands
Beds
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the Gauls have taken and looted a city it becomes independent.
On a subsequent turn or in the surrender phase can they siege it again and turn it into a Gallic city?
Does a looted independent city immediately gain a siege 0 marker?

My reading of the rules suggests that this is possible, but it then seems that the Gauls can get double value by sieging the same city twice, once to plunder it, and then to hold it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wray Ferrell
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
DavidM wrote:
If the Gauls have taken and looted a city it becomes independent.
On a subsequent turn or in the surrender phase can they siege it again and turn it into a Gallic city?
Does a looted independent city immediately gain a siege 0 marker?

My reading of the rules suggests that this is possible, but it then seems that the Gauls can get double value by sieging the same city twice, once to plunder it, and then to hold it.

That is correct, but rarely happens as the Gauls don't get any advantage from holding cities and Gallic cities are capped at loyalty one so you can't make it harder for the owner to take them back. Bottom line is you can do this, but 99% of the time you will have better uses for your actions.

Thanks, Wray
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience"
mbmbmbmbmb
Also remember that if you are sieging an allies town (who was captured by another player) you cannot pillage it!

This was a mistake I made that caused me to have to "vacate" a win. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Male
United Kingdom
Woburn Sands
Beds
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thankyou Wray for the speedy response, and for designing this wonderful game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.