Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Gibson
United States
San Diego (Scripps Ranch)
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really enjoying this game, but need some clarification! The Allies quickly swept their opponents out of E. Africa and now occupy Addis Ababa. Does this mean that the contest is effectively over in that region? I would expect to RP and bring the AFR units in supply back to Addis Ababa, but a British Battlegroup is sitting on that space. The fighting's over in E. Africa, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Chances are no quite.

The fall of Addis Ababa is an important step for the Allies. However, if an Italian BG is in a Mountain space or Massaswa it is still in Limited Supply.

For that matter I think Italian BGs can continue to RD to East Africa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Gibson
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Capt_S wrote:
Chances are no quite.

The fall of Addis Ababa is an important step for the Allies. However, if an Italian BG is in a Mountain space or Massaswa it is still in Limited Supply.

For that matter I think Italian BGs can continue to RD to East Africa.

There is currently no Axis presence in E. Africa, and I believe, according to what I read, that Addis Ababa is the only space for RD - however, the Brits are currently sitting on it. I could be wrong in curmizing that the Axis units are done zombie in E. Africa, but that's why I posted the question - I just don't know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Once the Axis lose Addis in East Africa it's just a matter of mopping up the units that are still hanging out in mountain spaces. If there are no Axis units in East Africa then, yes, it's over. The one "burden" remaining is deciding what, if anything, to move out of East Africa as the Allies. Battlegroups are usually not worth it. Divisions can march out, if you committed heavily to the region.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Gibson
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Michael. That's exactly how it was played out. The Axis were swept from the region. There are nothing left but a couple of Allied battlegroups remaining in E. Africa. One is sitting on Addis because we assumed that if it wasn't under Allied control that the Axis could move units back in.

Interesting how the game can have as many varied situations as Shifting Sands. Although E. Africa is Allied controlled, they are barely holding on in Egypt at the outskirts of Cairo, and have a very tenuous hold on Jerusalem. Never a dull moment!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.