Popular Tags: [View All]
John Rivera
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Can someone explain what are the reasons to have two different color of blue for the french...

Thank you in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
?????

Been a long time since I had this game out, but I don't recall two blue colours for the French.
Do you have a picture?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvey Weston
United States
Goshen
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The light blue minatures are for the confederation of the Rhine, Bavaria, and the other German states when they allied with the french.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
This user is outstanding in mediocre videogaming
badge
Did you visit my www.kobudovenlo.nl? It has game info
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought guard / regular. But it's been a while...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Richbourg
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
This is Kyoshi, our adopted Shiba Inu.
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the light blue for any minor nations that aren't (yet) associated with any of the major nations.

Edit: and for militia
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Ozimek
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
badge
Must resist M:tG. Boardgames are my methadone :)
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the official rules are that they should be used to distinguish Ottoman core and auxillary units (from minors) as they behave differently.

As we have never actually had a player for Ottomans, we use light blue for light infantry and horse artillery for the French.

Edit: Misspellings
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rivera
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Thank you for the information.

There has been few directives as to where the light blue units need to be assigned to and I will follow on these postings. Thank you.

Now if I can figure out where the white and black go, I should be ready for the game. Black is easy as per the history data since Prussians were using black uniforms, But if I use black for Prussia and Purple for
Turk, then the white goes to another minor nation, i suppose.

Thanks again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Ozimek
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The black and white figures weren't part of the game officially. They were most likely purchased as spare parts at the Eagle games website. There is an alternative rules set called Charge the Guns, that uses them. I recommend you look it up in the files section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Woodson
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I always thought the light blue figures were for invasions. Three militia spring up when there is an invasion.

Some of the other answers sound good as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Ozimek
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bluedionysius wrote:
I always thought the light blue figures were for invasions. Three militia spring up when there is an invasion.

Some of the other answers sound good as well.

There are cardboard counters for militia / irregular infantry. (Round ones with a pitchfork)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reinhard S.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The light Blue units are for Minors (Bavaria etc.). When conquered, the Conquerer may recruit in those countries, but will us his national color.
i.e. independent Bavaria defens with light blue units, if conquered by France, France will recruit dark blue units there.
This is a bit sad, because it had mor "Chrome" to use Light Blue as "French satellite" Colour...
Greetings frpm germany, Reinhard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Ozimek
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reinhard Sabel wrote:
The light Blue units are for Minors (Bavaria etc.). When conquered, the Conquerer may recruit in those countries, but will us his national color.
i.e. independent Bavaria defens with light blue units, if conquered by France, France will recruit dark blue units there.
This is a bit sad, because it had mor "Chrome" to use Light Blue as "French satellite" Colour...
Greetings frpm germany, Reinhard

Since these troops only ever exist while the battle is going on, it doesn't really matter what color you use for them. (as long as it is not the same as the attacker obv.) As far as I remember, the army is not "remembered" if the attacker should loose the battle. In other words you roll up a new army on the table each time a neutral minor is attacked.

I think reserving a whole color for this purpose is silly when you could use them to avoid those fiddly light infantry & horse artillery counters (for the French).

Actually, we also took light blue wheels off the canons and used them as spare parts for the other nations to signify horse artillery. Not pretty, but very functional.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.