Subject: A Game Of Thrones Board Game 2nd Edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darren Hornshaw
United Kingdom
BARNSLEY
flag msg tools
mbmb
This is my first post so go easy on me people!

I was just browsing the Book Depository website and spotted that they had A Game of Thrones Board Game 2nd Edition in stock for £32.50 including delivery. http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Game-Thrones-Board-Game-Ffg/...

Seems a good price to me so thought I would share it here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christiaan Meijer
Netherlands
Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
llamatron wrote:
This is my first post so go easy on me people!

I was just browsing the Book Depository website and spotted that they had A Game of Thrones Board Game 2nd Edition in stock for £32.50 including delivery. http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Game-Thrones-Board-Game-Ffg/...

Seems a good price to me so thought I would share it here.

Thanks for sharing this with us!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Southy
United Kingdom
Nuneaton
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What a fantastic first post. Nice work! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stuart and anne till
England
STAFFORD
staffordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Though it is the paperback edition of the board game! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
20100 Turku
flag msg tools
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance; the same description may be applied to the best, most elegant and both intellec
badge
and aesthetically satisfying games. By being unknowable, by resulting from events which, at the sub-atomic level, cannot be fully predicted, the future remains malleable, and retains the possibility of change, the hope of coming to prevail; victory.
mbmbmbmbmb
Fellas, keep in mind that the game has an issue with a warped board, or at least mine did. FFG is running a replacement programme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boardgame
United Kingdom
Penrith
Cumbria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
junkyspam7 wrote:
what does paperback edition mean?

I think that is just a humorous comment on the fact that the Bookdepository website usually (or always?) lists games as books.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tea or Coffee?
United States
Ellisville
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
schkff wrote:
junkyspam7 wrote:

I think that is just a humorous comment on the fact that the Bookdepository website usually (or always?) lists games as books.
Does anyone know how to just list games at their website? It seems the only way to find a game on their site is to do a direct search for a specific game. Am I missing a category link?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
20100 Turku
flag msg tools
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance; the same description may be applied to the best, most elegant and both intellec
badge
and aesthetically satisfying games. By being unknowable, by resulting from events which, at the sub-atomic level, cannot be fully predicted, the future remains malleable, and retains the possibility of change, the hope of coming to prevail; victory.
mbmbmbmbmb
industrial strength wrote:
schkff wrote:
junkyspam7 wrote:

Does anyone know how to just list games at their website? It seems the only way to find a game on their site is to do a direct search for a specific game. Am I missing a category link?

BGG, at your service:
Buying board games at bookdepository.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stuart and anne till
England
STAFFORD
staffordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
junkyspam7 wrote:

They have it listed as Paperback edition in the title.
There was me thinking I was being mildly funny. Clearly not.blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Southy
United Kingdom
Nuneaton
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To save confusion... If you search on Amazon for the ISBN number that Book Depository has listed it comes back as the game and NOT a book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marko Marenic
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
industrial strength wrote:

They don't have category for board games.

Most of the English language games that they stock are FFG titles, you can do advanced search by publisher, availability and sorted by publication date. Something like this:
FFG

Other option would be keyword search: board game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tea or Coffee?
United States
Ellisville
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the tip smileyz. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Ackroyd
United Kingdom
Brighton
E Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
£37.70 now
though my work IP address may impact the price...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
János Lacza
Hungary
Ballószög
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see £35,3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the bits guy
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1000rpm wrote:
£37.70 now
though my work IP address may impact the price...

really? how does it work then? if it's a business-registered IP it auto-hikes all prices?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Howard
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm guessing his work outsources their IT to some other country so it looks like he's not in the UK?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Ackroyd
United Kingdom
Brighton
E Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tomhoward87 wrote:
I'm guessing his work outsources their IT to some other country so it looks like he's not in the UK?

I work for an American company, so it might be that the IP address looks like I'm in the US.
And the bookdepository changes its prices based on the location of the customer because they don't charge shipping - so they build the extra shipping costs into the price the customer is seeing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Tudor
United Kingdom
Malvern
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
D'oh! Bought this full price from my FLGS only a couple of weeks ago.

Does anyone know how to get a replacement for the wonky board? I've used the customer support contact form on the FFG website but apart from the automated response I've not had a reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goran M
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Their customer support is swarmed with replacement requests. Not just with AGoT but with other games as well, eg. MoM.

Only solution is - stand in line cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Hornshaw
United Kingdom
BARNSLEY
flag msg tools
mbmb
my order arrived yesterday too. I can also echo what James posted above, exceptional packaging from both Bookdepository and FFG.

I can also confirm that my board is not defective in any way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.