Subject: Question on the Business-side of things rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John T
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Hey,

Are there any Canadian distributors out there that will sell to purely online retailers?

I would love to compete in this space but I'm finding a retail location is the cost of entry. Now I love the idea of running a FLGS but in my city the demand just isn't there unless you want to be a MTG event coordinator 7 days a week.

Is there nobody out there that supplies e-retailers without a physical presence or is that just the name of the game right now to keep the industry afloat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What city are you in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John T
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I'm in the greater Ottawa area.

I really don't feel the city can support another game retail store (they barely support the ones here) but even if it could I'm more interested in e-commerce than brick and mortar anyway.

Is it just a "known" that to get product you need a local presence or am I missing some suppliers that I just haven't found yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kraken's Reach
Canada
flag msg tools
Hello John_T,

We're a games distribution company located in Montreal. We specialize in french-language imports, but our English-language catalogue is growing steadily. We also have a wide variety of dice, card sleeves, and other accessories.

Check out our website: http://krakensreach.com

... or if you'd rather give us a call, our toll-free number is 1-888-616-3833.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have an online retailer in my town with no retail location.
Starlit Citadel.

He gets his stuff from distributors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John T
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Kraken & Jayson: Thanks!

That gives me hope that I'm not out of luck with this. I thought Starlit had a physical location but it appears they have an office, not a store, which is good news.

Is there a list of Canadian board game distributors? Or US ones that ship here?

(I'm not dismissing you Kraken - I just need to look into additional resources for the games you don't currently carry)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kraken's Reach
Canada
flag msg tools
No worries, John. We don't have everything yet but we're definitely working on it.

In the meantime, have a look at this: http://boardgamegeek.com/guild/808

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.