Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
First off, let me say that I think it's okay to use the term "Gaia-Licker" because, well, it seems harmless and it is a joke. Well, if you don't see me round for the next few months I suppose it isn't funny. Officially, I mean.

A shout out to Ted Cook, who caused a lengthy suspension by making a joke about dog owners (he's on a motherfucking bike, I reckon) and causing me to make a joke about motherfucking bike riders. There's a scene just for you in this video Ted.

And lastly, let me repeat - where I live these people are like maggots on a corpse. In-your-face arrogant and frankly, from time to time they get run over and smashed into meat and gristle due to their stupidity. There is a law being written right now that will make it ILLEGAL for motherfucking bikes to be ridden side-by-side on city street. Oh great... now I have to swerve to whack them in the back of the head with my truck mirrors.

Enjoy, and feel free to call me anything you want and add "licker" to the end of the word. I can help you out by suggesting a few things to call me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
I rode my bike 15 miles to game night last night with Mage Knight strapped to my back. I even wore the sexy shorts with the built in diaper and a helmet.

Great. I'm sending you a t-shirt with a bulls-eye on the back. XL?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay. As somebody who can't see well enough to drive, let me point out that not all people who ride bikes are radical environmentalists. As someone who never learned because I grew up aboard ship, let me also point out that many are just weirdos.

Now that I got this out of my system, what is this thread actually about?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
Whac3 wrote:
what is this thread actually about?

Apparently, licking dirt.

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Darilian wrote:
Whac3 wrote:

Darilian

I thought someone was going to lick Tripp? I'm so confused.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Mohling
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darilian wrote:
Whac3 wrote:

Darilian

I've heard that kissing a smoker is like licking an ashtray. So is kissing a hippie like licking dirt? Is Tripp accusing us of kissing hippies?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
WallyNate wrote:
Darilian wrote:
Whac3 wrote:

Darilian

I've heard that kissing a smoker is like licking an ashtray. So is kissing a hippie like licking dirt? Is Tripp accusing us of kissing hippies?

Kissing a hippie is like licking the inside of a bong, I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
WallyNate wrote:
Darilian wrote:
Whac3 wrote:

Darilian

Kissing a hippie is like licking the inside of a bong, I think.

Depends what kind of hippie. When I was in college, there were a lot of hippies about who didn't wear shoes or bathe much. Nowadays I've been told I'm a hippie because I'm a vegetarian, only walk or ride the bus, use only cloth nappies on my daughter and use almost no processed foods whatsoever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Bradley
United Kingdom
Haverhill
Suffolk
flag msg tools
badge
The best things in life aren't things.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't care what your ride is as long as you're considerate to other road users.

Tonnage does seem inversely correlated to courtesy in my experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I dunno.

Looks like an awful lot of 'carbon footprint' there...what with those rubber tires...metal frame...oil all over the gears and stuff.

F** BIKERS - PEDESTRIANS FTW!!

Also - worth pointing out. "Portlandia already did it"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kissa
United States
flag msg tools
La vie est un jeu
badge
Panem et Circenses
mbmbmbmbmb
I ride to work everyday in San Francisco (where the motherfuckingbike video was made) and while there are some discourteous riders, most are your run of the mill tards and plenty courteous.

Even the messengers have calmed down after the cops started ticketing bikers like crazy. They even have bicycle stop sign traps now with 5 to 10 cops on motorcycles chasing us down.

The cars, taxis and buses here pretty much just aim for us when they pay attention to the road at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
I rode my bike 15 miles to game night last night with Mage Knight strapped to my back. I even wore the sexy shorts with the built in diaper and a helmet.

Four.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tscook wrote:
Not our fault most of BGG appears to be a bunch of tittybabys.

Does this mean "most" of us need to be offended and click the red X for this? Do we need to coordinate which 50+% of us need to be offended and which shouldn't?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kissa
United States
flag msg tools
La vie est un jeu
badge
Panem et Circenses
mbmbmbmbmb
Psauberer wrote:
tscook wrote:
Not our fault most of BGG appears to be a bunch of tittybabys.

Does this mean "most" of us need to be offended and click the red X for this? Do we need to coordinate which 50+% of us need to be offended and which shouldn't?

Well this tittyboy isn't offended (I rather enjoy being a tittyboy). That red x should be removed from this site and the thumbs down put back into use. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
designer
mb
I don't like how they disrespect pedestrians and buses in that movie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rowse
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
Nowadays I've been told I'm a hippie because I'm a vegetarian, only walk or ride the bus, use only cloth nappies on my daughter and use almost no processed foods whatsoever.

WHY DO YOU HATE FREEDOM!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chaendlmaier wrote:
Problems arise when people identify their personalities with what they do regularly. So you ride your bike to work? Great, doesn't give you the right to be a dick about it.

There's one easy way to distinguish the show-offs:

Yep, that's right. They'd rather have sweat all over their back from carrying a rucksack than ride a bike that looks less cool cause it's got a luggage carrier.

I ride my bike to uni. Nothing special about it. I only do it because it saves time and money.

A backpack worn is arguably easier to control. Not only is it closer to the center of mass but if it's unevenly distributed, the rider can more easily compensate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to make a distinction on cyclists.

People who use bicycles as a way to stay fit, triathletes in training and people who feel comfortable in spandex (who mostly, from behind, all look like women, I have discovered through sad experience): please do not clip, hit or run over these people. They are trying to better themselves and spandex aside they are usually good folk.

People who would prefer to cycle to work than drive: please do not clip, hit or run over these people. You MAY however give them close scares. They are doing this for a good reason and making them feel alive by giving them a scare makes them feel that the cause is worth it.

People who where cycling caps, have large gauge earrings or appear to be your garden-variety hipster: Open season. The world needs you to run them down with impunity before they have the chance to spread their seed or fert their eggs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kissa
United States
flag msg tools
La vie est un jeu
badge
Panem et Circenses
mbmbmbmbmb
chaendlmaier wrote:
whac3 wrote:
A backpack worn is arguably easier to control. Not only is it closer to the center of mass but if it's unevenly distributed, the rider can more easily compensate.

Nonsense. I regularly carry up to 12 kg of luggage and never have a problem. It only requires proper fixation.

It depends, I can't use a rack and paniers. my goonie size feet knock them off when I pedal. I much prefer a bike messenger backpack, in any case, for the reason that moshe stated. Even if I could use a rack I'd still use a backpack. I end up sweaty no matter what and I figure that I might as well get some free exercise while I'm at it.

My biggest problem with anyone on the road is that they don't look before they act. Riding through the city becomes an exercise in predictive modelling.

d10-1People in cars are too busy texting, phoning, applying makeup, or rocking out to tunes to pay attention to the road. Then they stop in the middle of traffic to let passengers out who also don't look and open the door right into you.

d10-2People on bikes, for some strange reason are either afraid to turn around or just don't think that they need to look or signal before they turn and ride erratically on the road. Most can't ride in a straight line and weave dangerously.

d10-3Pedestrians don't bother to look at all because they figure everyone will stop for them and walk out against red lights also while texting or talking on the phone. They say, who cares if there's two tons of steel coming at them at 40 miles an hour or even 200 lbs of rider and bike; they'll just sue if they get hit.

d10-4The busses and taxis usually do all that they can to block the bike lane and also couldn't care less for anyone around them. They hit the most pedestrians, cyclists, and cars.

Frankly I'd like to take out 99% of the people on the road(pedestrians, bikes, cars/buses) and send them to driver awareness training. Driver training in america is a joke. Most people have no clue to look in their 3 mirrors frequently, how to merge, how to make a right or left turn.... or how to drive period.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jones
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I would rather get stuck behind a dozen Gaia licking hipsters on bikes than one redneck with nuts on his truck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Kafka wrote:
Personally I would rather get stuck behind a dozen Gaia licking hipsters on bikes than one redneck with nuts on his truck.

What's cool about Austin is that there's equal potential for both.

Yeah, that's why during SXSW it takes 45 minutes to go 5 miles. It's all those Gaia-loving hippies in Austin who clog up the streets and freeways with their bikes. Can't wait until Formula One arrives there, I'm gonna look at the streets from Google Earth and count trucks versus bikes.

Ya'll have fun down there! Heh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
WARNING some nudity displayed:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jones
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
Kafka wrote:

Yeah, that's why during SXSW it takes 45 minutes to go 5 miles. It's all those Gaia-loving hippies in Austin who clog up the streets and freeways with their bikes. Can't wait until Formula One arrives there, I'm gonna look at the streets from Google Earth and count trucks versus bikes.

It takes 45 minutes to go five miles on a Saturday afternoon in Austin at times and it has nothing to do with bikes. For that matter it has nothing to do with rednecks with nuts on their trucks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
DWTripp wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
Kafka wrote:

So when the F1 situation was being argued over in local committees, the local Greenie activists said that the price of their support was that the City of Austin provide for bike lanes, so people could bicycle to the F1 raceway.

They claimed that over 1000 people daily would bicycle to the event.

Yah. Right.

Ah, local politics in the City of Austin are just so wonderfully screwy these days.....

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chaendlmaier wrote:
whac3 wrote:

Nonsense. I regularly carry up to 12 kg of luggage and never have a problem. It only requires proper fixation.

Proper fixation and balance putting it on. As I said, some find that easier on their back. You don't. Fine. Deal with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.