Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Baekkelund
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I was wondering -- there are rules for the 2v2 version of this game in the manual itself... Has anyone tried doing a 2v1 version? I wonder how feasible that is and what would need to be adjusted?

What I'm imagining is that one side is played with two players just as in the 2v2 rules in the manual, and then either:
a) The other person just plays as basically two players on the other side?... Two different 5 card hands, etc. etc.? Two starting bases?...

b) Perhaps just as one player with just a larger fleet size? Just one starting base and just one hand of cards, but a larger fleet size?

Has anyone tried such?...how does it work out?...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
XyloCB wrote:
So I was wondering -- there are rules for the 2v2 version of this game in the manual itself... Has anyone tried doing a 2v1 version? I wonder how feasible that is and what would need to be adjusted?

What I'm imagining is that one side is played with two players just as in the 2v2 rules in the manual, and then either:
a) The other person just plays as basically two players on the other side?... Two different 5 card hands, etc. etc.? Two starting bases?...

b) Perhaps just as one player with just a larger fleet size? Just one starting base and just one hand of cards, but a larger fleet size?

Has anyone tried such?...how does it work out?...

We've played fully competitive 3-player (1 vs 1 vs 1) and it worked fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Stewart
United States
Bowie
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't wait for the Romulans to come out...
The hexagons are a natural for 3P!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Lund
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1v1v1 here too - 1 federation player and 2 playing faction houses of klingons who are at war with each other.

No issues there

/T
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D P
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played 2v1, where we had a 12 point game with my opponents playing the federation and drafting 12 points of ships and splitting them between each other and I played 12 points of Klingon ships.

The difficulty I found was that they were able to have 6 missions out vs my 3 so they had more information.

I still won, but that was because I'd played a few times before and they hadn't.

When I do this again I'll probably have more mission cards for the 1 player.

I'm really hoping for a Romulan expansion that allows for 1v1v1 asap!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.