Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are units that are outside the command range of the active leader allowed to engage in shock combat if they have an enemy in their ZOC?

Also, the rules in the second edition rule booklet state in 8.3 that "The following units MAY, if they wish, attack: 1) All friendly peltasts, foot skirmishers, and light calvary units that were given orders that phase and have enemy units in their ZOC..."

So what happens if they weren't given orders that phase because they could not move since they are already next to an enemy unit and cannot move forward? Is shock combat an Order taken from the leader's initiative?

Hopefully my questions make sense.

Thanks,
Tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tyson
United States
Landing
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question. My assumption is no since it hasn't received an order. I've post a question over on Consimworld where the developer hangs out, and will let you know what he says.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RobTys wrote:
Good question. My assumption is no since it hasn't received an order. I've post a question over on Consimworld where the developer hangs out, and will let you know what he says.

My assumption would be no also if they are outside of the range of the active leader but if they are within the range and were not given orders then I would think that they might still be able to do combat.

Thanks for asking over on Consimworld and looking forward to hearing what might be said.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryszard Tokarczuk
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I try to answer the question ifI know only later, Deluxe, edition?

If so, I`ll try.

After every leader finishes issuing Orders, he can designate to shock combat all friendly units that didn`t move (that are stuck in ZOCs) if they are in his Command Range. It doesn`t cost You anything, just before Finishing leader point all units that You wish to attack with. It`s called Shock Designation or similar

So, to repeat - You don`t have to issue an Order to them, just choose them after issuing all orders and before rolling/or not/ for Momentum. If units have enemy in their ZOCs, they can attack them without Pre-Shock TQ Check.

Exception - in some GBoH titles there are rules for "Engaged" units, but I don`t remember them in Alexander.

Hope that helps,
Ryszard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tyson
United States
Landing
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RyTo wrote:
After every leader finishes issuing Orders, he can designate to shock combat all friendly units that didn`t move (that are stuck in ZOCs) if they are in his Command Range. It doesn`t cost You anything, just before Finishing leader point all units that You wish to attack with. It`s called Shock Designation or similar

So, to repeat - You don`t have to issue an Order to them, just choose them after issuing all orders and before rolling/or not/ for Momentum. If units have enemy in their ZOCs, they can attack them without Pre-Shock TQ Check.

And from what I've seen on CSW, this is indeed correct. They don't need to be given an order, but they do need to be within command range.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RyTo wrote:
Can I try to answer the question ifI know only later, Deluxe, edition?

Exception - in some GBoH titles there are rules for "Engaged" units, but I don`t remember them in Alexander.

Hope that helps,
Ryszard

Thank you both for your help. That makes it clear.

Tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.