Carson City» Forums » Rules

Subject: Great game - 2 questions though rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
Yesterday we played our first game of Carson City and I immediately loved it.

I have a couple of questions though:

- When calculating the income a certain building generates and it's dependant on houses, does a hotel count for two houses?

- When looking at the min/max income of buildings, how does this work? Say for example, I have a ranch with no free tiles around it, but the lowest number on the ranch is 4 (just saying, dunno for sure) and the highest is 7, does this building always generate 4 dollar?

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Hamen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Music sucks now....
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes, that is the whole point of the hotel! You wouldn't want just 6 dollars income would you? The tourists staying there want to get drunk at the saloon!

2) If the income of a building is < the minimum use the minimum income. If the income is > the max income on a tile, use the maximum. For instance with the ranch: The income on the tile is 1-8. You will get 1 dollar if every space or if every space but 1 is filled on the spaces around it. For instance with the drugstore: Say that every building surrounding the drugstore is a ranch that you own. If income was unlimited you would be getting 16*3=48 dollars. However, the maximum amount you can get is 21 dollars with a drugstore, so you would just get 21 dollars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reucht wrote:
- When calculating the income a certain building generates and it's dependant on houses, does a hotel count for two houses?

Yes. This is in addition to generating $6 directly each round.

Reucht wrote:
- When looking at the min/max income of buildings, how does this work? Say for example, I have a ranch with no free tiles around it, but the lowest number on the ranch is 4 (just saying, dunno for sure) and the highest is 7, does this building always generate 4 dollar?

Note that the building tiles are two-sided, so the range in income for the ranch, for example, is $1 - $8. In this case, the minimum income is $1 (even if all parcels around it are occupied). For other buildings, it's possible that the calculated income is more than the maximum shown on the tile. In such a case (such as a saloon surrounded by hotels and houses), the income is limited to the maximum shown on the tile.

EDIT: ninja'd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
Thanks a lot guys! I presumed it was like that, but in cases like these, you just wanna be sure :)

Thanks a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.