Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
brendan b
United States
chicago
Select State
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would probably pay close to the tabletop's msrp to have a copy of this game on my ipad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Carpentieri
Italy
Ferrara
Ferrara
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thierry Camprubi
France
Amanvillers
Moselle
flag msg tools
Mage Knight est excellentissime !! > Mage Knight is a blast !!
badge
Mon rêve ?...Pouvoir enfin jouer à WotR > My dream?... for heaven's sake, play WotR
mbmbmbmbmb
So do I !
I would probably be able to pay twice the boardgame cost for that !
( but I'm silly...)
But I love this game...
But I'm silly...
But...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Albani
Germany
Achern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tcamprubi wrote:
So do I !
I would probably be able to pay twice the boardgame cost for that !
( but I'm silly...)
But I love this game...
But I'm silly...
But...
:D

this is the first time that i consider an ipad a good investment for me, if an implementation would come true...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Beakley
United States
Tempe
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And Android! I wanna play MK on my Xoom!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noway Jose
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wiz Kids. Put the damn thing on ipad, make it asynch multiplayer. I will pay you $50.

Simple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brendan b
United States
chicago
Select State
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boze wrote:
Wiz Kids. Put the damn thing on ipad, make it asynch multiplayer. I will pay you $50.

Simple

seconded

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Stetson
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mb
brendanb wrote:
I would probably pay close to the tabletop's msrp to have a copy of this game on my ipad.

I actually respectfully disagree. I love to feel those components in my hands- that's part of the joy of boardgaming for me. I love the setup and storing almost as much as the gameplay! Maybe I'm the minority.

Let me pose a followup question: Do you think it would be a successful iOS app? I am of the opinion that it would be a victim of it's own complexity. It is my baseless impression that the boardgaming customer is more receptive to complexity than the average iOS gamer (who typically crave streamlined, 'filler' games). I think the complexity of MK would drive most iOS gamers away. I don't disagree that there are people out there that would buy/love it- I just don't think there are enough of them.

Do you disagree?

blake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Sorenson
United States
Springfield
VT: VERMONT
flag msg tools
badge
mb
With all the light fluff boardgames available for the ipad, it would be really swell to see something a lot denser/meatier.

And a game like this requires no clever AI to program so development costs would catch a break on that front.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
johan rosenblad
Sweden
malmoe
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a great super three-screen computer almost exclusivly for games and a have a giant 16-seat table for board games. I love the feel of game pieces between my fingers, the sun from the window slowly moving across the table as my solo, dual or multiplayer games evolves, the genuine sounds of cards beeing shuffled and dice rolling. And I like booting up my computer, putting on my headset and take a B747 from Heathrow to LAX, or avoid taking an arrow in my knee.

But I would never try to play Skyrim on my dinner table and I would never - never ever - want to play Arkham Horror, Touch of Evil, Mage knight or any such game om any screen. I played a couple of games on Vassal but I prefer to rig a camera and play via Skype if I have to play remote opponents. (Had a great game of Mansion of Madness a couple of days ago where the keeper sat on the other side of earth. Fiddly? Yes. But what a challenge.)

This is how I feel: Playing boardgames on a computer is like taking a stroll on the beach on a computer; it is possible - but what's the point?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
mbmbmbmbmb
Slegyras wrote:

This is how I feel: Playing boardgames on a computer is like taking a stroll on the beach on a computer; it is possible - but what's the point?

I agree with the general idea - but sometimes the beach is 2 hours away, or is closed, or it's raining. Useful then to have another option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brendan b
United States
chicago
Select State
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You all know that if they ported this game to iOS nobody is going to take your tabletop version away, right?

It isn't a question of which you would rather play, but an acknowledgment of a love so great that you would also like the option to play this game on the bus to work...or at stoplights while driving...or at the airport...or at a wake...during sex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
...do not calle up That which you cannot put downe; either from dead saltes or out of ye Spheres beyond.
badge
Wicked Lich of the West
mbmbmbmbmb
If it came down to a choice on how Wizkids was going to focus their energy I would choose:

Expansion(s)>App

Don't get me wrong, I would buy the App, but I would not want that effort to get in the way of future board game development.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Albani
Germany
Achern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tokhuah wrote:

Expansion(s)>App
This is true, but i hope that expansions are made by Vlaada and not just the guy in the app department ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Urza, PhD of Dungeon Crawl
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
happycannibal wrote:
Let me pose a followup question: Do you think it would be a successful iOS app? I am of the opinion that it would be a victim of it's own complexity. It is my baseless impression that the boardgaming customer is more receptive to complexity than the average iOS gamer (who typically crave streamlined, 'filler' games). I think the complexity of MK would drive most iOS gamers away. I don't disagree that there are people out there that would buy/love it- I just don't think there are enough of them.

Do you disagree?

I submit Titan HD as a counterexample. Or, the raft of GMT stuff that's in the pipeline.

The "filler" games mostly represent the low-hanging fruit. There's absolutely a market for meatier stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
It can't come out on iOS. If it did, a play through might actually get every rule correct.

shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sozin sky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How much active interest would there be for an IOS/android rules reference app?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Collins
United States
Seymour
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
@majmalfunction
mbmbmbmbmb
If it was better organized than the rulebook and even included the dummy player like some of the dummy player only apps, it would be very useful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sozin sky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good idea. Are there any legal limitations imposed by WizKids on (re)publishing the rules? I imagine in some cases the app author would just want to lift the rule text verbatim.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The all-seeing, all-knowing, all-trollin' Mike Hutton
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boze wrote:

Simple

Waiting for wiz kids to do something smart?! Lol, good luck with that. But yes, it should be on iPad..which I would buy also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Marquez
Spain
Rivas Vaciamadrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love this game!! And I'm waiting for the iOS application.

Please more news about this!!

Wizkids listen to us..

Best regards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brendan b
United States
chicago
Select State
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
*cough* screwthroughtheages *cough*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Who
msg tools
mb
nah, rather have boards for my board games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Maunder
Wales
Newcastle Emlyn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How would they simulate stiff/hard to turn clix on the castles? I want my games authentic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Urza, PhD of Dungeon Crawl
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe they'll simulate the backwards-punched tokens as well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.