Subject: Valley Games dice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julio

Hidalgo
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those seems to be out of stock in Valley Games' site, does anyone knows if a new print is coming soon? Or definitely OOP? I sent them an email since last week but no response up to now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Osnabrück
flag msg tools
                                                             oooo                             ooo                             o    o                                      o     
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My FLGS (SpielTraum in Osnabrueck, Germany) might still have some. I bought a set there for 7€ last year.
And in February they still had one last copy of C&C: Ancients Expansion #1 after I bought the second to last
Their online shop is only in German language and not fully functional at the moment, so maybe it is better to contact them via email. This is needed for a quote on shipping costs to other countries anyway.

Edit: On the other hand, the Valley Games page for these dice says "Availability: Usually Ships in 3 to 5 Business Days". Does not really look like out of stock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo S.
Chile
Valdivia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have sent them two emails without answer too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I sent an inquiry off to Rik.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandros Boucharelis
Greece
Drama
Macedonia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
ubi bene ibi patria // vidi perfutui veni
mbmbmbmbmb
i am also interested for these special dices
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julio

Hidalgo
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ThomasAH wrote:
My FLGS (SpielTraum in Osnabrueck, Germany) might still have some. I bought a set there for 7€ last year.
And in February they still had one last copy of C&C: Ancients Expansion #1 after I bought the second to last
Their online shop is only in German language and not fully functional at the moment, so maybe it is better to contact them via email. This is needed for a quote on shipping costs to other countries anyway.

Edit: On the other hand, the Valley Games page for these dice says "Availability: Usually Ships in 3 to 5 Business Days". Does not really look like out of stock.

It says in stock on that page but if you click on "add to cart" button, the next page appears a message saying that item is out of stock. If you do this for C&C Napoleonics dice you will have no problem sending those to your cart and you can place the order, but not for the C&CA dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Meeks
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
May I ask why you need them? Are you just wanting them to enhance your game or do you need replacements for the game? Just wondering... maybe we can come up with other options for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Komodo wrote:
May I ask why you need them? Are you just wanting them to enhance your game or do you need replacements for the game? Just wondering... maybe we can come up with other options for you.

Indeed, especially given newer editions and expansions no longer come with the original crap hollow plastic dice that inspired the Valley Games dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julio

Hidalgo
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Komodo wrote:

Thanks for the interest Chuck. Just enhance the game, I don't like the feel of the original dice compared to the rest of the components (I own the mounted board for example). For 7 usd I think is worth it. Also if I get both dice sets (C&CA and C&CN), I got combined shipping
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lowell Drake
United States
Meridian
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I, too, have shared in all the above. Want the dice to enhance the game, have ordered them and discovered them OOS, and sent an email that has never been answered. I post this hoping VG will read this thread and act on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo S.
Chile
Valdivia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
Indeed, especially given newer editions and expansions no longer come with the original crap hollow plastic dice that inspired the Valley Games dice.
2012 edition dice are too lightweight, they hardly roll. Maybe before they were worse, but I think they are still the lowest-quality component of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo S.
Chile
Valdivia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In stock again!
FYI.

(I've already placed my order.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Shaw
United States
Kennesaw
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd seal them up when they arrive, otherwise they may chip and wear.

(This may not be a concern like it was when Valley's dice first came out but to be on the safe side...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo S.
Chile
Valdivia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sokadr wrote:
I'd seal them up when they arrive, otherwise they may chip and wear.
(I was about to search for it in the forums.) How can I "seal" them? With any wood varnish or are there other/better options (that I can find worldwide)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julio

Hidalgo
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alerce wrote:
In stock again!
FYI.

(I've already placed my order.)

Thanks for the heads up Leo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Meeks
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to see you got them ordered. I bought 4 sets myself when they first came out. I have also made my own dice with some Chessex blank dice and laser printed stickers I made. I made a whole sheet of the stickers so if a face wears out I just replace it. The Valley Games dice are my favorites though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo S.
Chile
Valdivia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has someone received his dice from Valley Games?
My order says shipped since first days of April, but I'm still waiting.
I've tried to contact Valley Games by mail and by web-form. No response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atticus Gifford
United States
Glendale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alerce wrote:
Has someone received his dice from Valley Games?
My order says shipped since first days of April, but I'm still waiting.
I've tried to contact Valley Games by mail and by web-form. No response.

I got mine last week. I ordered right when they restocked, and live much closer in California, so I suspect yours are in transit still.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got and received mine within 10 days or so. No issues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo S.
Chile
Valdivia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll need patience then.
There is no shipping order number and there are no Valley Games mail responses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's odd. If you created an account (you ALWAYS should), you can login and find your orders. Mine is still there, and it was Ordered April 3rd and I got it about a week or so ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Albert
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FWIW, I ordered mine on the 15th and they've yet to arrive. Sounds like that's not unusual. GMT has spoiled me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo S.
Chile
Valdivia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
markgravitygood wrote:
That's odd. If you created an account (you ALWAYS should), you can login and find your orders.
Sure I've created an account. That's why I'm saying my order has "shipped" status.
What is missing (aside my order) is a shipping order number (from USPS or wathever mail-service).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julio

Hidalgo
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got mine this week though I received them in Texas, I suppose yours are going to Chile?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo S.
Chile
Valdivia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeap. To Chile lindo.
I suppose they must arrive soon.
What disturbes me is not have a single response from the seller.

Being optimistic again... how do you seal them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.