Subject: making the 2 crisis dice images larger? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's pretty dang hard to tell what's what without leaning right on top of the crisis die. As alternatives, I've thought about...

1) using jumbo dice. Problem is it may damage surfaces and require a dice tray or its equivalent

2) making 12 cards. 6 that have one type of back, the other 6 with a different type of back. May have to get a proxy card and card sleeves for this one though. I suppose people who know the game really well can use some knowledge of which die was choosen to his advantage... I think.

Any other ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
BUT MY DREAMS THEY AREN'T AS EMPTY
mbmbmbmbmb
Dice roll app

/troll
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
schmloof wrote:
Dice roll app

/troll
Hmmm, that would most definitey be another fun project idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
BUT MY DREAMS THEY AREN'T AS EMPTY
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually literally came across this site 10 minutes ago

http://www.ericharshbarger.org/dice/

At the very bottom he says you may be able to custom order dice.

If we BGGers make a template I wonder we'd be able to directly order them from him.

Of course this does not solve your problem whatsoever.

The only thing I can think of is using regular dice and just having a reference for which number goes with which Crisis. But that sucksn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick van Gompel
Netherlands
Aalst
flag msg tools
Not sure how big you want them, but if you are really afraid of damage by a jumbo die, you could use wooden cubes. They are less heavy and the softer wood is less likely to damage anything than hard plastic. A quick search on Spielmaterial shows that 16mm wooden cubes are easily available.
Another option is a 20mm blank wooden die. (also on Spielmaterial) It's bigger but since it has rounded corners you will have about the same print size as the 16mm I guess.
If you think this is still too small: how about a 50cm foam die? laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.