Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Crawford
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In math trades, what is your opinion of the best way to offer a bundle of games, where they are all pretty much the same level of value/desirability? Do you:

(a) Put it as "Outside the Scope of BGG" and list all the games with links in the entry, or
(b) Put one game as the main game listing, and the rest as links in the entry?

The advantage of (a) is that it more accurately reflects the bundle of games, especially if you want to do a "Choose Two" type of item.

The advantage of (b) is that the listing will show up when people click on the Magnifying Glass icon in the OLWLG, if they have that one game on their wishlist.

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like you have summed up the pros and cons. One small addition: If you use (a) you could at least list all the game titles in the altname.

In the long run, perhaps we could convince Jeff to update the looking glass to include sweeteners. Meanwhile, you'll have to choose between two not-great options.

I'm probably going to go with (a) for my not-high-value game bundles, because I doubt any of the games are high on people's wishlists anyway. With more expensive games, I might go with (b)...but with more expensive games I probably wouldn't be bundling them together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Roney
United States
Ladera Ranch
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think (a) would be the choice for a "choose x of y" game, while I would use (b) with straight sweeteners (no choice), even if the games are similarly valued.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Edwards
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, definitely (a) if it's a Choose X of Y. The other thing you have to factor in on (b) is that it might be affected by duplicate protection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.