Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Eminent Domain» Forums » Rules

Subject: another Improved Colonization question: rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tab Fetting
United States
Marshfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I may have been overthinking this but:

card says you settle 1 planet, then you have an additional option of settling another planet or +1 colonize...

now with the settling....does it matter whether or not the planet(s) youre choosing to settle with this card have enough colonies on them? or does this card just trump that and you can settle the planet(s) no matter what??
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berger
United States
Round Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Magekraft wrote:
now with the settling....does it matter whether or not the planet(s) youre choosing to settle with this card have enough colonies on them? or does this card just trump that and you can settle the planet(s) no matter what??


Yes. No.

That is, Settling means to flip a planet that has "enough" colonies on it. You cannot settle a planet that doesn't have enough colonies and you can't attack a planet if you don't have enough fighters.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
arkayn wrote:
Magekraft wrote:
now with the settling....does it matter whether or not the planet(s) youre choosing to settle with this card have enough colonies on them? or does this card just trump that and you can settle the planet(s) no matter what??


Settling means to flip a planet that has "enough" colonies on it.

You cannot settle a planet that doesn't have enough colonies and you can't attack a planet if you don't have enough fighters.

What he said
3 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's another, related question: Does the "+1 colony" have to be the Improved Colonize card itself, or can it be a Colonize card from your hand?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
QBert80 wrote:
Here's another, related question: Does the "+1 colony" have to be the Improved Colonize card itself, or can it be a Colonize card from your hand?


"+1 Colony" means "Take the card you are playing and tuck it under a planet. Colonize symbols on that card now count as Colonies on that planet."

So it must be the card you are playing (the Improved Colonize card) that gets tucked.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny VenOsdel
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What Seth said.

I like the repetition.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.