Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefan Kaiser
Germany
Kriftel
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi folks,

i have searched the other threads but couldn't find an answer. Tonight we had the situation that i had two creatures attacking the others. One of em was a Warrior of the Quay (don't know what's his correct name is since my cards are in german) which gives you +3 attack points when the opponent has only one creature in his ready area.

Opponent had one Mage and an Assistant in his ready area so my bonus for the Warrior would not count for my first attack but i had more attack points than him anyway so i destroyed his Assistant.. now the question is: since my opponent now only has the Mage left in his ready area, does the +3 attack bonus apply to my Warrior ?

My guess would be yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny O'Donnell
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. You determine your total attack value at the beginning of your attack, and after that it doesn't change. Sometimes it works in your favor; a Mighty Primordial Ooze doesn't lose attack value as you destroy other creatures. But for the same reason your Warrior of the Quay doesn't keep checking if your opponent has only one creature.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Kaiser
Germany
Kriftel
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great. Thanks for the clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Porter
United States
Gig Harbor
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have been using death spells to reduce the opponents creatures prior to attacking. Any problems there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny O'Donnell
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, that's fine. You can use spells at any point during your turn, including during your attack, so you can use the Death spell to destroy opposing creatures whenever is most advantageous for you. So if you have a Warrior of the Quay, you can use the spell before attacking to knock some of your opponents down to 1 creature and get his bonus. Or if you have a Mighty Primordial Ooze, you can wait until after you determine your total attack to use the spell, and thus keep the extra couple points of damage you would have otherwise lost when creatures get removed from ready areas.

Of course, if you have one of each out, you're going to have to figure out which one benefits you more. And on that note, here's a scenario that's so convoluted that I have no answer for it:

Say you have a Warrior of the Quay, a Mighty Primordial Ooze, and a Death Spell. The player to your left has 3 creatures, and the other 2 players each have 2. You decide not to use your Death spell before attacking the first player, so your Ooze has 9 strength and your Warrior doesn't get his bonus. Now you use your Death Spell. Your Ooze gets to keep his 9 strength for the rest of the attack, because you don't recalculate it. But does the Warrior get his bonus against the other 2 players? Does the Warrior of the Quay check which players he gets his bonus against at the beginning of the entire attack step, or only before you attack that player?

I would lean towards the former, that you see who he gets his bonus against at the same time you total up attack value. But I'm not so sure about that one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.