Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
30 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: So EmDo ended up falling down to Tenga trash? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sheldon
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Trolling, trolling, trolling
Keep those flames a trolling

Rawhide!
47 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
EmDo is actually really, really good, and joins other Tanga "failures" such as Agricola, Dominion, and others.
36 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J T
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
polkeroo wrote:
Trolling, trolling, trolling
Keep those flames a trolling

Rawhide!


:D

Thread over.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Debien
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
franklincobb wrote:
EmDo is actually really, really good, and joins other Tanga "failures" such as Agricola, Dominion, and others.


This!thumbsup

Man, I would be so upset if my game ended up in the company of those stinkers.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
casualgod wrote:
Man, I would be so upset if my game ended up in the company of those stinkers.


Yes, I would be. It would mean I'd quite failed in what I was attempting.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jflartner
United States
Conshohocken
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
polkeroo wrote:
Trolling, trolling, trolling
Keep those flames a trolling

Rawhide!



Boom. Face.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Marshall
United States
Thousand Oaks
California
flag msg tools
We Are DEVO!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up Martin Wallace's Liberté on a Tanga Daily Deal.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Dubya
United States
Scotia
New York
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I know where you live, and I've seen where you sleep. I swear to everything holy that your mothers will CRY when they see what I've done to you.
badge
Oh, not in Utica, no. It's an Albany expression.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad I saw this thread, or I would have missed out on getting it on the cheap. Thanks!
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I figured Eminent Domain was on Tanga because the game sucks. It was over-hyped?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw Homesteaders on Tanga as well. I think Tanga just got some overstock from the Tasty Minstrel Games.

Eminent Domain, Homesteaders, Belfort...all good games and hit my groups' table often.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Hooper
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shouldn't this be in the game's forum?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serious? Lee
United States
Coppell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Lost in thought.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparently Tasty Minstrel just wants to increase the game's user base in advance of its anticipated first expansion. Matt Drake just gave the game a good review today.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boom Chakalaka
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tanga's good for liquidating overstock, and just because a title lands on their website doesn't mean it's crapola. Homesteaders was a great recent deal, and I just got an awesome score today when I snagged Power Struggle on Tanga for less than 20 bucks. I'd gotten that on a whim for a friend's birthday gift on the basis of comments/reviews, and I kept wishing I'd bought myself a copy after I learned it. Yeeeehaw!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Hooper
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought Puerto Rico Anniversary Edition on Tanga. I don't know as that would be considered trash....
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Dearborn Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Fizzgig need food badly!
badge
Click on Fizzgig to feed him a tasty snack. Nom, Nom, Nom!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Assuming a game is a failure simply because it fails to sell is a leap of logic in my opinion.

I have purchased a few games from Tanga that did not sell amazingly well, and prior to their arriving on Tanga I had no knowledge of. Two of those games now occupy two of the three games ranked "10" in my collection.

If anyone really cares, so you don't have to click through my profile...
The Swarm
Gonzaga
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thornton
United States
Canby
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought Pandemic from Tanga and remember seeing Earth Reborn there as well. If I had a budget for new games there is a ton of "trash" I would have bought from them.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J T
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pear Annoyed wrote:
I bought Pandemic from Tanga and remember seeing Earth Reborn there as well. If I had a budget for new games there is a ton of "trash" I would have bought from them.


Twilight Struggle was on there too quite a while ago - for $5 iirc.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
clearclaw wrote:
casualgod wrote:
Man, I would be so upset if my game ended up in the company of those stinkers.


Yes, I would be. It would mean I'd quite failed in what I was attempting.


I assume that means you were not attempting to be succesful?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
No, rather that I'm not interested in snowballs or games based on synergistic combinatorials.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William McCarroll
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
Check out my reviews at www.nerdbloggers.com
badge
Hi!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure the term "Tanga Trash" doesn't refer to any game that appears on Tanga. Lots of very successful games find their way to Tanga as a marketing effort.

"Tanga Trash" refers specifically to a promotion that tanga does every now and again where they send a bundle of random games for extremely cheap to clear out their warehouse. This usually happens when a publisher is liquidating (I.e. after uberplay went out of business, or before z-man sold to filosofia).

Just being on tanga doesn't make it Tanga Trash. (and while tanga trash is a gamble, there are often good games in the mix.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nowak
United States
Greenville
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
You have paid retail for the last time.
badge
The human race, to which so many of my readers belong, has been playing at children's games from the beginning, and will probably do it till the end, which is a nuisance for the few people who grow up. - GKC
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael Addressed this long ago:

http://michaelmindes.com/terra-prime-on-tanga-why-and-are-yo...

I really, really like how Mike is putting so much information out there.

However, one learns 2 things:

1) Any TMG game will eventually go on Tanga (this used to be true of Zman as well)If you don't back it on Kickstarter, you may get it cheaper by waiting.

2) The distributor/retailer model isn't all it's cracked up to be...
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Dearborn Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Fizzgig need food badly!
badge
Click on Fizzgig to feed him a tasty snack. Nom, Nom, Nom!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
overtheboard wrote:
Michael Addressed this long ago:

http://michaelmindes.com/terra-prime-on-tanga-why-and-are-yo...

I really, really like how Mike is putting so much information out there.

However, one learns 2 things:

1) Any TMG game will eventually go on Tanga (this used to be true of Zman as well)If you don't back it on Kickstarter, you may get it cheaper by waiting.

2) The distributor/retailer model isn't all it's cracked up to be...


Mind you, "may" is a key term in that first point.

If you play the Waiting Game game long enough, hoping for that better deal later, you will eventually get burned and find yourself paying more for a game on the secondary market.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nowak
United States
Greenville
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
You have paid retail for the last time.
badge
The human race, to which so many of my readers belong, has been playing at children's games from the beginning, and will probably do it till the end, which is a nuisance for the few people who grow up. - GKC
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ejtracer wrote:
overtheboard wrote:
Michael Addressed this long ago:

http://michaelmindes.com/terra-prime-on-tanga-why-and-are-yo...

I really, really like how Mike is putting so much information out there.

However, one learns 2 things:

1) Any TMG game will eventually go on Tanga (this used to be true of Zman as well)If you don't back it on Kickstarter, you may get it cheaper by waiting.

2) The distributor/retailer model isn't all it's cracked up to be...


Mind you, "may" is a key term in that first point.

If you play the Waiting Game game long enough, hoping for that better deal later, you will eventually get burned and find yourself paying more for a game on the secondary market.


For Games Workshop, definitely. For TMG, no. Even as hot as Eminent Domain is/was, it still hit Tanga. I think Mike is making this part of his promotional strategy, from what he said on his post and his behavior.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Pinchback
United States
Leonard
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There's plenty of good things that go on sale for one reason or another. That's what makes deal hunting and thrifting so exciting.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hinchliffe
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
riddlen wrote:
clearclaw wrote:
casualgod wrote:
Man, I would be so upset if my game ended up in the company of those stinkers.


Yes, I would be. It would mean I'd quite failed in what I was attempting.


I assume that means you were not attempting to be succesful?


He needs the game to have choo choo trains.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.