Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Halasz
Hungary
Szada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All!

Can you sell any number of the same wine type with this action? From any number of barrels?
In our first game one of the players sold about 10 wines (from 3 barrels) for approx. 50 franc in the final turn, and won the game despite of he had the most loan at the end.

In this way, I think this action is too strong in the last turn.

Thank you for your help in advance,
Fisha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Ferrari
Italy
Bagnolo Cremasco
Cremona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Answers: yes & no.

Rule says it's a normal sell action, so you may sell (any number of) cubes only from one barrel. Furthermore rule says that only ONE variety is involved.

So, only 1 barrel and any number of cubes but only of 1 variety.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Andrikonis
Lithuania
Vilnius
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have rules next to me to consult, but "No graphic rules" file, which is here, says the following:

Quote:
Sell wine: You may sell all matured wine cubes of one variety from one of your barrels.

The underlining is as it is in the file.

I remember playing this game that way, so I suppose, this is the correct ruling. To sell the wines from all the barrels would be overpowered in other turns too. And some improvement tiles would be useless, e.g. aging.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Halasz
Hungary
Szada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you guys.
Unfortunately we played this wrong. During the game it made not much difference, but with primeur it was too strong at the end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Halasz
Hungary
Szada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a very good game though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulrich Blum
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just want to confirm that:

A normal selling action is ONE variety from ONE barrel (usually you will take all cubes, but less is allowed). Primeur is a normal selling action with the prizes reduced for immaturity. So ONE variety from ONE barrel applies.

Have fun
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Halasz
Hungary
Szada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your answer and for this great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.