Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Serge Gagnon
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Admittedly, I haven't played it yet but based on what I've read, only 3 intrigue cards per round can be played (barring other card/ building effects). Therefore in a 4 or 5 player game, some players will not get to play them.

Did I miss something mechanically?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Rhodes
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
I don't know of any such rule. The rules are available online--google "lords of waterdeep rulebook" and it's the first or second link that comes up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Sagel
Netherlands
Groningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, there is a limit of three Intrigue cards played per turn.

Since not many intrigue cards are coming into the game, on many occasions you will not want to play any. So it's usually not a big deal.
And if it is important to you, try to grab the start player marker the round before, so you can't be shut out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge Gagnon
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not a 'rule' per say, I just noticed that there are only 3 spots to take at Waterdeep Harbour (which allows you to play the intrigue cards). Therefore, in a 4 or 5 player game, logically, someone does not get to play an intrigue card from their hand.

I understand it's a free action as you get to relocate your agent after all agents have been assigned but still seems limited to be nasty devil or interactive (since some intrigue cards help others as well as player that plays it). I was just wondering from people who have played if it makes an impact or not for player interaction
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KC Skedzielewski
United States
Augusta TWP
Michigan
flag msg tools
Who has two thumbs and likes Tacos....?
badge
...This Guy!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually up to 6 cards can be played per turn, if each person who goes on the harbor, does so again with their extra action from the agent that was on the harbor to begin with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mats Persson
Sweden
Linköping
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kcskedz wrote:
Actually up to 6 cards can be played per turn, if each person who goes on the harbor, does so again with their extra action from the agent that was on the harbor to begin with.

Rulebook page 10, first column, line 14: "You cannot reassign an Agent to Waterdeep Harbor"

It's even in bold font.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge Gagnon
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I'll have to play it a couple of times with 4-5 players to get a feel for it. It wasn't the aspect of making sure to play the intrigue as much as the player interaction that I was concerned about.

Thx for the input!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
RAVENTROLL wrote:
It's not a 'rule' per say, I just noticed that there are only 3 spots to take at Waterdeep Harbour (which allows you to play the intrigue cards). Therefore, in a 4 or 5 player game, logically, someone does not get to play an intrigue card from their hand.

True. Although a few Intrigue cards and at least one building and one quest (I think) let you take an action at an occupied space, so this number is a little felxible.

It also makes the "take first player" action quite important if there's an Intrigue card that you just have to play!

N.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Aucoin
United States
Metairie
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was stuck with a bunch of intrigue cards at the end of a four player game. I was getting them from people who use a building I owned. It was very frustrating to have more intrigue cards then rounds remaining in the game. soblue I came in last place in that game.cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
If people are taking all the intrigue spots before you, then you should be using all the best building spots before them! More intrigue cards mean more options, you don't have to play them.

I was glad there were only a limited number of intrigue cards played per turn, once those spots fill up you can plan more easily without worrying about losing an adventurer or suddenly getting a mandatory quest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Forrey
United States
Dallastown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maucoin wrote:
I was stuck with a bunch of intrigue cards at the end of a four player game. I was getting them from people who use a building I owned. It was very frustrating to have more intrigue cards then rounds remaining in the game. soblue I came in last place in that game.cry

If your opponents are going to the harbor first you shold be getting prime choices at other more valuable slots. There's always a trade for going one place and not another. The beauty of LoWD is that NO space is useless and is always desirable. I have ended MANY games with numerous intrigue cards and still won the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.