Subject: Making Pieces rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have found many user made races in the files section, and really like some of them, or at least like some of them enough to give them a play test or ten.

But my efforts in making them just turn out embarrassingly awful.

Any one have any tips? Or perhaps post a How-To on YouTube?

I just read about sticker paper...perhaps I will give that a go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Loves Happiness!!!
United States
Eagle Point
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sticker paper and heavy stock and an exacto work for me, although I at first used the blank race tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Mack
United States
Menifee
California
flag msg tools
designer
Lefty / Happily Married / Parent of 2 Girls / Christian / Yucata User
badge
Smack dat Ghoulie, Mr. Trolla!
mbmbmbmbmb
Red_Sounding wrote:
Sticker paper and heavy stock and an exacto work for me, although I at first used the blank race tiles.

This is exactly what I did for mine.
The only thing I will say is that if you use an inkjet printer you will need some sort of coating/barrier. Otherwise, the first drop of condensation, saliva, precipitation, soda, will cause the print to bleed and there goes all your hard work. I bought an acrylic topcoat that is in aerosol form (used for photo paper). Follow the instructions exactly and put on 2-3 light coats. It will stink for a while (I recommend letting them sit out somewhere for a month, flipping them occasionally.) But in the end you will have really nice tokens that everyone looks at and says, "What?! You made these?"
Just take your time and hold your hand steady.
Good luck (especially if you are making any of my race designs!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies..Yes Danny, my first attempt was Scarecrows

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.