Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Road Kill Rally» Forums » Rules

Subject: More questions about the rules and not figuring out the answers on my own rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Isaac Heres
Israel
flag msg tools
1. During my last gameplay I had one of the drivers lose their last rally card, handed over to the attacking driver and then wipe out. How many rally cards does that player get back after restart and does he has to skip a whole turn before he can start moving?

2. one player had more rally cards (I think about 20) more than anyone else because I let that driver attack more opponents and pedestrians, does that driver recieves rally cards during phase 1 or does that go against the rules about the hand limit? maybe I'm doing something wrong about getting more cards

3. When you move and come across a pedestrian in the way, you roll the dice to run them over, but what if you roll the dice and you don't get any splat icons, you miss, and how do you present that you miss the pedestrian? do you move over to the next lane? that's what I did

4. some cards have a "-" next to the number when talking about damage. if I see a -2 damage on all projectiles for instant does that prevent you from getting hit?

5. is it true when you use a weapon at another car and roll the dice, the amount of splats indicate how many cards the target loses?

6. This question I ask before but couldn't be able to figure out the outcome; when there is a head on collision and both players roll the dice to show how many damage. Who rolls first? do both players loses the amount of cards indicated by the number of splats?

7.on the rally cards, why are there three different colors (red, yellow and green) and what does each color reperesents?

I can't figure out what the written text on each tile talks about, one of them was the jump tile and it shows in the white box the number of splats depends how fast you were going so I would create a thread for that one question

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pueblo
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boardgamefreak2geek wrote:
1. During my last gameplay I had one of the drivers lose their last rally card, handed over to the attacking driver and then wipe out. How many rally cards does that player get back after restart and does he has to skip a whole turn before he can start moving?

Page 7, Page 9

Quote:
2. one player had more rally cards (I think about 20) more than anyone else because I let that driver attack more opponents and pedestrians, does that driver recieves rally cards during phase 1 or does that go against the rules about the hand limit? maybe I'm doing something wrong about getting more cards

Page 7

Quote:
3. When you move and come across a pedestrian in the way, you roll the dice to run them over, but what if you roll the dice and you don't get any splat icons, you miss, and how do you present that you miss the pedestrian? do you move over to the next lane? that's what I did

How would missing a pedestrian cause you to change lanes? Have you ever considered just setting the figure on the side of the road?

Quote:
4. some cards have a "-" next to the number when talking about damage. if I see a -2 damage on all projectiles for instant does that prevent you from getting hit?

Page 13

Quote:
5. is it true when you use a weapon at another car and roll the dice, the amount of splats indicate how many cards the target loses?

Page 13

Quote:
6. This question I ask before but couldn't be able to figure out the outcome; when there is a head on collision and both players roll the dice to show how many damage. Who rolls first? do both players loses the amount of cards indicated by the number of splats?

Page 12

Quote:
7.on the rally cards, why are there three different colors (red, yellow and green) and what does each color reperesents?

Page 14

One question for you... do you have this much trouble figuring out all of your games? If so, I feel sorry for your gaming group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) The player who wipes out waits until the start of the next round and draws 3 cards as they have less than 5 cards in hand.

2) You can only attack in Phase 3 combat, and you only take cards from the player you damage. So unless your wiping out everyone else through combat and not getting hit yourself and not playing may cards then you could rack up a decent hand over a few turns.

3) You stay in the space with the pedestrian (Ped), if that is the last point of movement you will stay in the space with the Ped, otherwise you'll move to next forward space.

4)The cards with -1 or -2 prevent that amount of damage, so roll the dice, total the splats and take either 1 or 2 from that total depending on what the card says.

5)Correct

6)In a collision (you can not have head on, one player will all ways take up the rear end) Find the difference between the two speeds (take the slower speed from the faster) this is the number of die each player rolls to determine amount of damage. Then half the calculated difference and increase the slow cars speed by that amount and reduce the faster cars speed by the same amount.

It is entirely up to your group if the roll you make is for your car or your opponents, just pick a method and stick to it.

7) Green cards are usually cards that can be played at anytime or during movement.

Yellow are just ammo boxes (give 2 ammo instead of 1)

Red are attack cards and are only useable during combat and are typically used instead of an accessory

Blue, are counter cards and usually have a specific situation that they counter.

8) The text on the cards, usually indicates penalties for going through part of that tile. Depending on your speed at the point where you 'jump' i.e cross the gap is how many dice worth of damage you take. The Rocks, Cows, Oilslick, protester barricade all do damage when you cross/hit that part of the printed card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gastel Etswane
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Boardgamefreak2geek wrote:
I can't figure out what the written text on each tile talks about, one of them was the jump tile and it shows in the white box the number of splats depends how fast you were going so I would create a thread for that one question

And probably will.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dopehatman wrote:
One question for you... do you have this much trouble figuring out all of your games? If so, I feel sorry for your gaming group.

He plays solo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pueblo
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dedbob wrote:
dopehatman wrote:

He plays solo.

Mystery solved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.