Subject: Game submission to a publisher and open beta test rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maxim Steshenko
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many publishers accpet submissions and have detailed instructions on their sites. But I didn't find any mentions about situation when I've conducted open test of my game and then send prototype to a publisher. Of course open test give me chance to improve my game, but large group of people will have prototypes of this game and can spread them further. Is it okay for a publisher or I should finishing my game in cooperation with publisher only?

*I know it's strange question but I'm confused and realy worry about it. Sorry. blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Long as the game isnt posted on the net or allready been sold in some format. Then most publishers have little to no problem with playtesting. In fact some require a game to have been playtested before submission.

And if in doubt. ASK!
Send the potential publisher a question on this. Easy enough and its better to ask now than find out later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Rael
United States
Brunswick
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
badge
We see our role as essentially defensive in nature.
mbmbmbmbmb
ditto. i've read a range of responses from publishers over the year. some prefer there to have been no previous exposure of the game at all, while others actively encourage it. i glean from this that going so far as to create a game entry on BGG may be too much, but that vetting a design here is not necessarily a negative. i would add, though, that to expose a design here and get little useful feedback may be to take a slight risk that does not pay off. good luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.