United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Played our first game tonight, but ran in to a situation which we weren't sure about. Consider the following image (by the way, I'm using houses and roads from Catan to show the road ownership better):

What resources would the pawn that is in Gilead collect when activated?

The real question pertains to the link between Judah and Aram. Is the Gold collected twice? The example is better if I activate the Aram pawn, so, if I activated my pawn in Aram, would I collect 2 Gold - 1 from the direct link to Judah and 1 through the Judah-Gilead connection, or is there a limit on how many times a region activates per pawn?

It just seems like a lot of resources to be collecting, so we wondered if we were doing something wrong. At the start of activating my pawns I also had a pawn in Amalek and a pawn in Judah, each collecting large amounts of resources, which almost depleted the supply!

Regarding the High Priest, can I use the HP and place him on an Action Space, ignoring his special advantage?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Flaherty
United States
Loves Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Each (green) pawn or high priest in the resource region would receive 2 food, 2 stone, 1 wood and 1 gold. The gold doesn't count twice, the roads only show connections. You can use the high priest wherever you would like; however, it is beneficial to place it in an opponent's region if only as a blocker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for that. Although Phoencia is a 2 wood region, the second cube being covered by the red pawn, but I know what you mean. I suppose building a road connecting Aram to Judah was actually a waste of resources. At least we now know that each region space activates once only
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip duBarry
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bob is correct. Thanks for the question!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathe
United States
Greenfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
http://www.Game-Universe.com
badge
http://www.MinionGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
JoffW wrote:
Thanks for that. Although Phoencia is a 2 wood region, the second cube being covered by the red pawn, but I know what you mean. I suppose building a road connecting Aram to Judah was actually a waste of resources. At least we now know that each region space activates once only

Yes it was a waste... and you'll learn not to make such large regions once people start playing the high priest more as they'll be able to steal a pile of goods from you as well. Better to midagate that by having a couple small regions.

James
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RPGShop wrote:
and you'll learn not to make such large regions once people start playing the high priest more as they'll be able to steal a pile of goods from you as well. Better to midagate that by having a couple small regions.

This was one of the things that we discussed after the game. We will know in future not to allow the opportunity for your opponent build such a large region.

Really enjoyed the game though. Like how it adds some interesting mechanics to the worker-placement genre, such as the region building with roads, Bonus spaces and buildings (allowing only the controlling player to place in the space (not forgetting the HP advantage, of course). We also liked how buying a building granted you another personal action space. The theme is great, this should go over well with my Christian friends and help lure them into a bit of gaming!

Two thumbs up, good game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip duBarry
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Jolie
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the advice. I completely lost my consistent lead because I opted not to create large regions. The high priest was behind. He could only invade one region once. I could use my regions multiple times. He even told me at the end. "If you had built huge regions and gone first or second there would have been no cubes for me to get." I lost by 12 pts after he built two columns for twenty points (using gold he stole from me) then the next 20 pts for being HP. Darn it. Gotta play again. But it was close for the two leaders. Third guy didn't do so well. We lapped him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rhiannon Lee
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't there one thing that Bob was wrong about though Philip? That about being able to place the HP anywhere. Both the board and rules state "opponent's space or region", and since the action spots don't belong to an opponent then the OP's second question would be answered with a no. Right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip duBarry
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you place the high priest in your own space, it is no longer the high priest. The high priest is not a specific pawn, so the placement of a pawn defines whether or not it's a high priest pawn. You do not have to make use of the high priest if you don't want to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.